Sign in to follow this  
allstarme

Report: Maggette off the market? (Hoopsworld)

Well, he obviously wasn't serious about coming back to Orlando....

And if an article comes out saying that Otis didn't even talk to Maggette's people......so help me god I will sneak into his house in the middle of the night and upper deck every single one of his toilets.

Ok, this is a very good time for someone who knows an insider to give us some info so we can relax a little bit.

Because I was cool, but I'm beginning to worry...

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

SA and Boston have offered a contract and as far as I know we have NOT...I can hear Otis using that fools gold speech again soon. Nice job Otis....again...

Well, why go after a guy like Maggette when we can get Chris Duhon?! Forget that Mickael Pietrus guy too.

:/

Geez, I only left for an hour and when I come back I read this. How is it that Otis feels $15M+ is a fair deal for Rashard yet Maggette, who has nearly identical stats to Rashard's last year in Seattle, doesn't deserve it?

Otis couldn't have tried too hard. Maggette asked Orlando to make an offer prior to free agency because he was interested. Otis probably too the same un-professional approach as he did with Darko last year.

It is amazing how he can be so blind when it comes to his favorites (Howard, Nelson, Lewis) and so inept when it comes to other players.

If the article is right and we lost out on Maggette is anyone up for www.fireotis.com?

I just heard Otis speak on ESPN and he said, "Pietrus is fools gold too....Duhon...we aren't going to do anything that doesn't make financial sense, I mean come on...next thing you would tell me is to spend 200k to buy a late first rounder that has fallen that plays the 4 spot. We need creative financing which doesn't mean using our 13 million bucks of expirings but means to sign a team defensive guy with leadership experience. Someone who can provide "presence" inside. Someone who has experience with our plays...someone who wore the number 8 for many years. He will give us value. Ladies and gentlemen the magics new/old mle signing Pat "Ill never leave" Garrity. Hopefully this will bring us a championship."

quote:
Originally posted by BigLebowski50:

Well, he obviously wasn't serious about coming back to Orlando....

And if an article comes out saying that Otis didn't even talk to Maggette's people......so help me god I will sneak into his house in the middle of the night and upper deck every single one of his toilets.

I must not be cool because I do not know what "upper decking of toilets are but I almost completely lost it thinking about the possibilities of what it could be! But on a serious note I agree fully-heartedly...if all those reports were talking about us going to offer and everyone else and their aunties knew we should at least try and get mag and OTIS DID NOTHING because of whateber......i swear i will go on ask.com, search upper decking toilets, and commence such at the residence of OTIS SMITH....so serious.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

I just heard Otis speak on ESPN and he said, "Pietrus is fools gold too...."

Did he really use the words "fools gold" again?

What I want to know is...Who isn't fools gold in Otis' opinion? Shard at 118 million? Jameer 1 year before being an restricted free agent? Battie at twice his worth?

WHO?????