Sign in to follow this  
allstarme

Report: Maggette off the market? (Hoopsworld)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9329

quote:
o player has been more sought after or talked about this summer than Corey Maggette. Most of the teams who feel they have a legitimate shot at winning a title in the near future have talked about him being the missing piece that would put them over the top. The Orlando Magic were the most recent team to make a play, but teams like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio have also been hot on his trail.

According to multiple reports this morning Maggette will, indeed, wind up in the Texas Triangle, and he could very well turn out to be the piece that gets his new team a championship. If all goes according to plan, Maggette will finally join the San Antonio Spurs, who were very much in love with him a couple of seasons ago when his last contract came up.

Maggette was not completely against returning to the Clippers, but behind closed doors it seems there was a mutual understanding that splitting the sheets was the best move. LA's move to steal Baron Davis away from the Golden State Warriors was the final indicator that Maggette's days in LA are finished.

For now, Spurs fans can start to think about Finals tickets once again . . .and get in line for your Corey Maggette jersey.

It won't be #50.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9329

quote:
o player has been more sought after or talked about this summer than Corey Maggette. Most of the teams who feel they have a legitimate shot at winning a title in the near future have talked about him being the missing piece that would put them over the top. The Orlando Magic were the most recent team to make a play, but teams like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio have also been hot on his trail.

According to multiple reports this morning Maggette will, indeed, wind up in the Texas Triangle, and he could very well turn out to be the piece that gets his new team a championship. If all goes according to plan, Maggette will finally join the San Antonio Spurs, who were very much in love with him a couple of seasons ago when his last contract came up.

Maggette was not completely against returning to the Clippers, but behind closed doors it seems there was a mutual understanding that splitting the sheets was the best move. LA's move to steal Baron Davis away from the Golden State Warriors was the final indicator that Maggette's days in LA are finished.

For now, Spurs fans can start to think about Finals tickets once again . . .and get in line for your Corey Maggette jersey.

It won't be #50.

This guy is just quoting heresay from mutiple sources. I'll believe it when a reputable website like ESPN reports it. Although, I have read this guy before he does seem to be reputable he is the Hoopsworld beatwriter for the Texas teams.

I'm not nervous yet.

I'm not that high on Corey, but I'd still be happy if we landed him plus another big.

Man if this is true then this blows... less options for us and if we don't make a good move during free agency, this is gonna blow even more.

I don't know what to say if its true.

How do you beat teams that are already better than you...when they have better offseasons than you?

and its not to question our effort. I don't know what we put into getting Mags. But its just the way the league seems to work. Good teams, big markets get spoon fed success.

I'm trying hard to think this is just a rehash of the Yahoo article. But, unfortunaly I think it's becoming more and more obivious that he's going to San Antonio.

Excuse me while I puke.

Hoopsworld is hit and miss on alot of things, this seems more connected with the Spurs being the "front runners" that Yahoo reported because there is no mention of Boston whatsoever.

Plus, this could be one of their articles that they post up that is from a writer that is accoiated with a team, in this case the Spurs.

Therefore, not looking too much into it because I think it's one of those articles that is completely biased, like someone from this board claiming Maggette is off the market because Orlando is his favoured destination or something.