Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Latest Insider Info II

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

And I can't imagine the Spurs going after Maggette too hard. Doesn't Ginobli play SG and Bowen SF? Or maybe the other way around. Either way, I would think they are covered...

But Bowen is old, Finley is old, and Ginobili is already coming off the bench. They could put Maggette right into the starting backcourt with Parker and have a major upgrade while also adding strength to there bench.

Plus, I believe that Barry opted out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ar6koHOIv8MQft2JG...&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Gino comes off the bench, he would be taking Finley's place. A definite upgrade. I would love this move for the Spurs, they need a good, mobile guy who can penetrate. He rebounds well enough and gets to the free throw line. That with a healthy Manu and Parker would be awesome.

I thought about that....and it scared me. Established title contenders are hearing Maggs wants here and would take the MLE, so they are throwing the MLE at him with title promises. I would puke if he went to the Spurs or Celtics.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Stop raining on my parade.

I hear you....I was starting to wonder why I thought it looked so good to have him as a Spur!

Much much better to see him alongside Nelson in the backcourt, with Turk winning 6th man of the year.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I have nothing new on Maggette negotiations right now. (I do know that the two sides ARE talking).

Two more significant things I found out.

1. The Magic were one of the worst teams, if not the worst, in the league in terms of their backcourt getting to the free throw line. That is why the Magic want Maggette, one of the best wingman in the league at getting to the line.

2. The Magic plan on bringing Turk off the bench this year, ala Manu, moving Sweet Lew back to SF, and starting Battie at PF. Obviously, the team will explore various line-ups when the roster gets finalized.

Turk only comes off the bench if we get Maggette though, would you agree with that?

I would not say a bad thing about Otis for a year if he landed Maggette, he can really put us on par with Boston IMO

Hope this is not true, he has a chance to come home and a chance at a championship with us, why would he want to go to San Antonio???

They would not be much better than us with him on the team...

I bet Duncan has recruited him!!! Hopefully Dwight has done the same thing, if not I would be highly dissappointed in him and very much doubt his effort and attitude in winning it all!!!

I don't like our chances of landing him if the best we have to offer is being close to his parents. I would be shocked if he turned down the two teams that have won the last two NBA titles to come here.

To think ten minutes ago I was excited about the thought of Maggs coming here until I read that **** article.