Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

July 1st - What would you like to see

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan-Aussie Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

does anyone know if corey maggette has opted out yet? i know he has to by midnight tonight if hes going to...

Yeh he's an unresricted free agent

i just cant find any 'official' source saying that hes opted out...

Here you go

The Clippers are the other team that could have space if they do not re-sign unrestricted free agent Corey Maggette. Maggette exercised his early termination option in his contract, leaving the Clippers about $10 million under the cap if they choose not to re-sign him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=f...ge=FreeAgents-080629

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

What I would like to see:

1) No more reports that another team was asking too much.

2) Otis grow a set and take just a small risk.

3) The Magic address NEEDS without shooting themselves in the foot or duplicating talent.

4) Otis not overpay. Oh wait. We don't need to worry about that anymore. Otis won't have cap space until 2072.

5) JJ Redick sitting the bench for a different team.

6) Something different. A move that would actually impress the masses, not just the Otis homers.

Sounds about right, although, I'm inclined to keep JJ around since he wasn't moved at draft time. Can't imagine him getting us anything now.

I will settle for anything that resembles progress. A move that provides a building block & not a stop gap. Anything that demonstrates Otis & management have more than air between their ears.

P.S. I'm not optimistic

I believe it is the absence of signing that makes Maggette a fee agent and therefore doesn't become a free agent until midnight on the West Coast. I could be corrected on that.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

we tend to forget that there are 30 teams on the league, and all those names are on the mouth of probably 75% of those teams.

If you are playing in Orlando Florida with a very young Dwight Howard can be sweet. (Especially if your family already lives here)

I am very upbeat. Good news is coming soon. Let's not forget that Dwight Howard can opt out of his 5th year and can be a free agent. We are going to get it done this year!!

I will believe that he'll accept a paycut in order to return home only when we'll have the sign on the end of the contract.

But until now, reality is that all this hope started with a article on the Sentinel reporting thoughts of undisclosed friends of him, followed by another "news" declaring that the Magic are not pursuing him.

Not enough to make me upbeat right now...

For all you people saying we shouldn't trade Hedo, where do you think he will be playing after the season is over? I doubt it will be for us. I don't see Otis being able to pay him the 4 or 5 million more he will be demanding so why not try get something for him while we can?

You're so negative I can't take it ...

why don't you go somewheres else and post your negativity.

I know you're entitled to your opinion ...

but I've never seen anything positive from you.

at least be positive once.

OOps sorry ...

I thought you were someone else...

I apologize...

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

You're so negative I can't take it ...

why don't you go somewheres else and post your negativity.

I know you're entitled to your opinion ...

but I've never seen anything positive from you.

at least be positive once.

;-)

It's not negativity I post my dear friend. It's reality. You just have another name for it. And why would I want to post elsewhere when I love this team and feel this is the best forum around to be in? Don't lie either cuz there have been many posts I have posted that you have agreed on. Nothing but love baby.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

For all you people saying we shouldn't trade Hedo, where do you think he will be playing after the season is over? I doubt it will be for us. I don't see Otis being able to pay him the 4 or 5 million more he will be demanding so why not try get something for him while we can?

I'm worried too, but I would wait until the deadline in February.

I mean, try to play Lewis at PF for another stint, if we still improve following this path, try to keep Hedo.

If not, trade Hedo for a classic PF.

Coming february, the market on PF position could be better (right now is quite poor)

And we would have more time for trying to sign him to a fair extension if we couldn't find any good trade.

Cooooooooooooooooooolison with a 3 was deal that gives us Livingston fromt he Clips and Collison and we throw away cook JJ bogans s&t arroyo, dooling

Sign C Mags/ Pietrus witht he MLE

PG Livingston

SG Maggette/Pietrus

SF Lewis

PF Collison

C Howard

6 Turkoglu

7 Nelson

8 Gortat (he's ready the warlock is)

9 Lee (good D and nice 3)

10 Battie

Theres room for fran if he comes over.

Perosnally i'm split with Pietrus and C Mags.

One is an offensive dynamo one is a awesome defender.

Pietrus probably has a better spot up and more potential, but you know your getting 20 a game and 10 ft attempts with c mags.

With Pietrus Livingston (WE NEED HIM) Collison and Dwight on the floor, we actually have a very good defensive unit, not to mention Shard at the 3 is long so he'll get steals playing in the space a bit more and will make it hard for the normal SF to play cause he's 6'10

Then two of the best offensive bench guys in Turk and nelson who can suck up a lot of the remaining minutes.