quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Catman, how you doin'? Any word on FA? I am trying to tap that well.

Not sure yet. The first step is seeing if Dooling and Evans are gone. If that happens, I would predict Anthony Johnson or Duhon as candidates.

I would not be blown away if Otis tries to resign both guys for the MLE and uses Evans and Dooling and Bogans as our backup PG/SG/SF lineup.

Not very exciting I know.

i hate to call your bullshiot, but you dont need to use the mle to resign your own players. you would think that someone with 'sources' would know that...

If team's don't have Bird rights on a player, they will sometimes resign them with their MLE as a means of giving them more money or longer deals than they would otherwise be allowed to.

a player will ALWAYS be able to get more money from his most current team...it doesnt matter whether they are R or UR.

edit: hence, S&T's

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

quote:

Not sure yet. The first step is seeing if Dooling and Evans are gone. If that happens, I would predict Anthony Johnson or Duhon as candidates.

I would not be blown away if Otis tries to resign both guys for the MLE and uses Evans and Dooling and Bogans as our backup PG/SG/SF lineup.

i hate to call your bullshiot, but you dont need to use the mle to resign your own players. you would think that someone with 'sources' would know that...

If team's don't have Bird rights on a player, they will sometimes resign them with their MLE as a means of giving them more money or longer deals than they would otherwise be allowed to.

Good point. I'm not sure we have Bird rights with Mo Evans. I think it's been assumed on this board that we do, but I'm not familiar enough with his contract history to know that, & if I were guessing, it would seem unlikely.

quote:

quote:

Unfortunatly, I agree. Otis never lives up to the expectations of acquiring players that we have for him. With the exception of signing Lewis, but we were all disapointed when we saw his contract. I think we'll sign Kurt Thomas or Eduardo Najera or something, then grab Jason Williams with the vet min. Won't be an exciting offseason, I think Otis is satisified with our big pieces and just wants to add smaller ones. But I don't believe our team is good enough with our big pieces.

I think the reason will see no trades with turk is because Otis has friendships with these guys and puts his friendship in front of business. I dont know thats my opinion. I'd love to see us trade turk and get a veteran 2 guard. Maybe Gerald Wallace or Maggette.

quote:
Originally posted by O-Town Baller:

I think the reason will see no trades with turk is because Otis has friendships with these guys and puts his friendship in front of business. I dont know thats my opinion. I'd love to see us trade turk and get a veteran 2 guard. Maybe Gerald Wallace or Maggette.

we dont need another SG ..

we now have a logjam at 2..(if Bogans will not be traded)

we need a Frontcourt to help dwight at the middle..

quote:

Okay, so here is more insider info:

-Evans and Dooling are both still coveted and are 50/50 to return.

-Turk is not getting traded unless it nets us "Carmelo Anthony"[with source laughing].

*Please keep in mind this is not my opinion. I'm simply passing along insider info that I deem pretty doggone credible.*

Evans and Dooling returning means we'll virtually have the same roster (plus Courtney Lee) as last season - I will be very disappointed if that's all that happens this offseason.

And if Otis thinks that Turk can land us Carmelo Anthony than he is overrating Hedo. (No offense to Turk intended here.) Plus Melo is another small forward who would probably demand the ball more often than Turk does.... What's the reasoning behind this?

I'm all about signing some more people that could make great contributions to the team, but I think you guys are all worried too much about it. Dwight gets way better every year, and next playoffs if we have to face the Pistons, we'll win with the team we have right now because Dwight won't be stopped and frustrated by all their big men like he was this year. Don't underrate another year of experience, we have an amazing team as it stands. Sorry if I sound like Otis Smith or something, advocating chemistry and all that, I just have a lot of faith that the Magic players are going to be a lot better this next season than last.

jj says 100% he will be back. if my name was bogans, mo, carlos, and dooling i would dust off my suitcase. i hope i am wrong because i would like to see jj move on. if the magic think he is useless as some think he would have been gone long ago. they must have something in mind for him. what it is i have no clue but its clear svg and some of the players have a problem with him and i dont think its his defense if you know what i mean. by the way bj do you know how many times kentucky has played duke and what their record is. you would be surprised. jacklj

quote:
Originally posted by Sebi:

quote:

Okay, so here is more insider info:

-Turk is not getting traded unless it nets us "Carmelo Anthony"[with source laughing].

*Please keep in mind this is not my opinion. I'm simply passing along insider info that I deem pretty doggone credible.*

Evans and Dooling returning means we'll virtually have the same roster (plus Courtney Lee) as last season - I will be very disappointed if that's all that happens this offseason.

And if Otis thinks that Turk can land us Carmelo Anthony than he is overrating Hedo. (No offense to Turk intended here.) Plus Melo is another small forward who would probably demand the ball more often than Turk does.... What's the reasoning behind this?

That was more a joke about the trade talks between detroit and denver when denver was interested in I believe prince(could be wrong here) and detroit not biting on anything relating to prince "unless it gets up carmelo anthony", hence the joke. So turk isn't going anywhere.