Sign in to follow this  
Mayhem

Our current roster - who gets added?

As it stands right now, one day after draft night, the Orlando Magic roster looks like this:

Dwight Howard

Rashard Lewis

Hedo Turkoglu

Jameer Nelson

Tony Battie

Keith Bogans

Courtney Lee

JJ Redick

Marcin Gortat

Brian Cook

And the guys possibly not returning:

Keyon Dooling

Maurice Evans

Carlos Arroyo

James Augustine

Adonal Foyle

Pat Garrity

Who do you hope the Magic can grab to fill out the rest of this roster - whether through free agency or trades this summer?

As it stands right now, one day after draft night, the Orlando Magic roster looks like this:

Dwight Howard

Rashard Lewis

Hedo Turkoglu

Jameer Nelson

Tony Battie

Keith Bogans

Courtney Lee

JJ Redick

Marcin Gortat

Brian Cook

And the guys possibly not returning:

Keyon Dooling

Maurice Evans

Carlos Arroyo

James Augustine

Adonal Foyle

Pat Garrity

Who do you hope the Magic can grab to fill out the rest of this roster - whether through free agency or trades this summer?

Paul Milsap MLE

Jason Williams Veteran Exception

We don't need anybody else after that.

Nelson, Williams

Lee, Redick

Hedo, Bogans

Lewis, Milsap, Battie, Cook (one of these guys would have to go)

Howard, Gortat

Something still seems missing.

The obvious answer is to move Hedo for a high quality PF. That balances the roster very well.

Don't know that Otis has the gumption, though.

If the Magic can get Milsap, that would be amazing. I live in Utah and see all the Jazz games, and I have more faith in Milsap than Carlos Boozer. I really hope the Magic can land him.

i think that otis will try and trade jj for haslem, sign maggette(expected to opt out) and veteren exception on jason williams

nelson/williams

maggette/lee

lewis/turk

haslem/cook/battie

howard/gortat

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

I'm going to throw my wishing power in with DOM's and hope for AK-47 in a trade for Hedo with Utah. Then I am going to pray for Duhon to be added via FA.

In the press conference with Lee Stan was talking about how positions are a little over done and how you want your best players on the floor. He mentioned Rashard at 4 again and he snuck in Hedo playing 2 at the end.

Also, we're talking about a guy in Otis Smith that wouldn't even trade expiring contracts because he thought it would mess of team chemistry. I've wanted a Hedo trade for a long time now, but I know longer get my hopes up.

Anything other than Hedo for Josh Smith, Ron Artest, or an equally good SG or PF, OR signing Corey Maggette or J.R. Smith would be a failure of an offseason.

i'd take milsap instead of AK, he's a good player and all, but milsap would fit our team better with his hard nosed style, plus AK cried at the end of his series two years ago, i can't get that out of my head. plus milsap is younger.

duhon is cool, taller than meer, but still an offensive pg, he'll jack up alot of 3's and make alot of them, but at the end of they day your left without a real asist man.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Anything other than Hedo for Josh Smith, Ron Artest, or an equally good SG or PF, OR signing Corey Maggette or J.R. Smith would be a failure of an offseason.

None of those is an option for Otis... you should start trying to accept that...