Sign in to follow this  
Bullseye

Magic interested in Brandan Wright, according to report

Should The Magic sign Brandan Wright?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Magic sign Brandan Wright?

• No question, Orlando should sign him
    • He might be a good addition to the team
    • I could take it or leave it
    • Orlando should definitley not sign him

I voted no. Seems like he is a guy who could help us win.

Yeah, it's no newsflash that at least half of the fans if not more want to lose all 82 games next year. I always forget to factor that into things, thank you! :rollbaby:/>

Is that one of his ancient Hawaiian sayings?

Also, your avatar is nostalgic.

While we're on the subject of avatars, your avatar almost made me spit drink on my laptop (I saw the "Goooood... Goooood" before I saw the avatar itself) :shard:

While we're on the subject of avatars, your avatar almost made me spit drink on my laptop (I saw the "Goooood... Goooood" before I saw the avatar itself) :shard:/>

Hahaha it's become an inside joke at the office between myself and a few people that I work with. One of my favorite Family Guy episodes.

I voted no. Seems like he is a guy who could help us win.

-1 if that's your reason for not pursuing him. Rosters designed to tank are :svgsad:

• Upvote 1

-1 if that's your reason for not pursuing him. Rosters designed to tank are smile_svgsad.png

at least he is honest I guess smile_svgsad.png. So, I voted for the "may be good addition" option; it is telling to me that only 1/3 of the poll participants even want to consider signing him.

at least he is honest I guess smile_svgsad.png. So, I voted for the "may be good addition" option; it is telling to me that only 1/3 of the poll participants even want to consider signing him.

100% - 14% =/= 1/3

Where'd you get your math from?

100% - 14% =/= 1/3

Where'd you get your math from?

The poll numbers are constantly changing, it wasn't a specific number but an estimate as 1/3 at the time of the post; the number is now 40%. The first two categories (sign him and he may be good for this team) are 8% and 32%. So earlier in the weekend the number would have been closer to 1/3 or 33%.

-1 if that's your reason for not pursuing him. Rosters designed to tank are :svgsad:/>

What other reasons would be acceptable? There isn't a player on the team who we can say will be a fixture on all stars teams for years to come. If we sign Brandan Wright he serves as nothing more than a gap filler. So what is the point? I want guys who either have a chance to grow with the team or become a valuable asset at the trade deadline. He isn't really either of those things.

The ironic part about this is how much difference in opinion there is for such a par player. Guys like these or "fillers" play an important role in team rebuilding; they fill a specific need for a temporary amount of time while a longer term solution can become a reality. Someone has to be available to play during years where minimal commitments are made and the temporary goal is not to win but to rebuild and become better. This gives the coaching staff a chance to evaluate the performance of said player and this is how hidden gems are discovered also.

the guy had a good PER and very good per36's why would you not a 25 year old backup big like that?

I agree. He is a solid, young backup big man. A team can win a championship with Brandon Wright in the rotation.