Your Otis Smith, the JJ situation

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

story

the sixers are apparently looking to get a sharpshooter out of this draft, and they're looking at cdr or rush... jj's a sharp shooter, we'd take either of those two, do you think we'd have to send something else? our 22?

WHat GM in the league is going to prefer JJ over Rush, CDR, or Lee?

as a shooter jj is hands down better than all three.

Give up a little shooting, get other facets. I'd make that sacrifice.

but the whole point for the sixers is that they need shooting, as some have stated jj isnt a fit here but he could be a fit there b/c the sixers already ahve guys who are similar to rush and cdr.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

story

the sixers are apparently looking to get a sharpshooter out of this draft, and they're looking at cdr or rush... jj's a sharp shooter, we'd take either of those two, do you think we'd have to send something else? our 22?

WHat GM in the league is going to prefer JJ over Rush, CDR, or Lee?

i don't think anyone would be that stupid, but if they're going to draft a guy like cdr or lee then what are they goign to do with carney? he can't be too happy to see a team go out of their way to draft someone who plays his position, the sixers also have igodala (sp?), i'd take carney for jj if they want a better percentage from 3 point land and we want perimeter defense/athleticism.

@ Mr Chrarisma. The risk is not nullified if JJ is traded for a pick, because you are left with the same number of SGs on the team.

@SmackDaddy. Until JJ plays in a few games in a row that are not blow outs for about 10 to 15 minutes we well not have seen what he can do in games, also I said let him walk if he does not work out and we can not trade him.

quote:

but the whole point for the sixers is that they need shooting, as some have stated jj isnt a fit here but he could be a fit there b/c the sixers already ahve guys who are similar to rush and cdr.

You have your choice of the following players

Player 1-Shoots well, defends, slashes to the rim, is big

Player 2-Shoots ok, defends, slashes to the rim very well, is big

Player 3-Shoots very well

Which one of those 3 are you going to pick if your need is shooting?

Who do they have that is similar to Rush? Carney is a 3 that doesn't defend and can shoot but I haven't seen him do it much. They need a 2 that can shoot to help out Iggy (as well as other things).

quote:
Originally posted by Waltfeld:

@SmackDaddy. Until JJ plays in a few games in a row that are not blow outs for about 10 to 15 minutes we well not have seen what he can do in games, also I said let him walk if he does not work out and we can not trade him.

As long as JJ can't get off the bench in a large percentage of blow-outs to get even garbage minutes, I think we'll have a pretty clear picture of where JJ stands.

quote:

quote:

As long as JJ can't get off the bench in a large percentage of blow-outs to get even garbage minutes, I think we'll have a pretty clear picture of where JJ stands.

Smack, you aren't getting it...

We aren't talking about blowouts here. JJ needs to get the nod and play significant, meaningful minutes in real games so that we, the loyal fans of the JJ nation, can make our own determination as to his effectiveness.

Why should we look at the fact that he doesn't even get playing time during blowouts as any indication of his ability?

That's just nonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

We aren't talking about blowouts here. JJ needs to get the nod and play significant, meaningful minutes in real games so that we, the loyal fans of the JJ nation, can make our own determination as to his effectiveness.

Why should we look at the fact that he doesn't even get playing time during blowouts as any indication of his ability?

That's just nonsense.

It's a good thing that you laid the sarcasm on thick enough to be indentifiable. I almost had to rip you a new one.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

That's just nonsense.

It's a good thing that you laid the sarcasm on thick enough to be indentifiable. I almost had to rip you a new one.

I only laid it on that thick for the benefit of others, I figured you would recognize it by the 'slightly' different message in my other JJ posts.

quote:

@ Mr Chrarisma. The risk is not nullified if JJ is traded for a pick, because you are left with the same number of SGs on the team.

So you are saying that 4 guys that can play SG is not enough?

Are you Zeke?

quote:

How would you handle it?

Would you demand that Stan plays him more?

Would you have the status quo?

Would you trade him but only if the price is right?

or Would you just trade him for anything just to end the conflict?

I would trust Stan's decision - he is a great coach. I would ask him about JJ - what is his evaluation - is there a chance of him getting playing time - do we need a good defensive PF for JJ to play?

If JJ isn't going to get minutes then I would try to trade him. If I couldn't get much in trade I would try to at least give him some backup minutes to see if I could get something in trade or see if he would be effective as a backup.

I would trust Stan though - he knows what he is doing.

quote:

I think you need at least 15 minutes for 15 games.