Sign in to follow this  
lavell12

Your Otis Smith, the JJ situation

How would you handle it?

Would you demand that Stan plays him more?

Would you have the status quo?

Would you trade him but only if the price is right?

or Would you just trade him for anything just to end the conflict?

How would you handle it?

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

How would you handle it?

Just like it's been handled. Ignore his trade request, because it isn't his place and he doesn't have the pull to make you do what he wants.

If he earns playing time from Stan, good, if not, then he sits.

Yes, you trade him if you get a decent offer, and you have to assume Otis would trade him if he got a decent offer, which means, either he over values JJ, or the offers just arent there.

I doubt JJ alone could fetch a mid to late 1st round pick in the draft, because I think Otis would pull the trigger on that depending on the pick and who is left on the board.

BTW, is today JJ day?

I would say they are going to wait till the last possible moment to trade him in the hope that they get something for him.

I think something will happen with him at the trade deadline.

i thing everyone would have to admit that otis was BSing when he claims he had to keep jj b/c of lack of depth in the offseason. evans will probably be back and bogans is here. not to mention the number 22 pick. otis needs to atleast be honest to the kid.

quote:

i thing everyone would have to admit that otis was BSing when he claims he had to keep jj b/c of lack of depth in the offseason. evans will probably be back and bogans is here. not to mention the number 22 pick. otis needs to atleast be honest to the kid.

It's qualifier of 'probably' with Evans, and the the same thing for Dooling "probably' leaving, that 'probably' led Otis to make that comment.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

but otis new they would bring other guys in that is not only a lie but one that anyone could see.

It's qualifier of 'probably' with Evans, and the the same thing for Dooling "probably' leaving, that 'probably' led Otis to make that comment.

quote:

quote:

quote:

but otis new they would bring other guys in that is not only a lie but one that anyone could see.

How does he 'know' this? He might think it, hope it, but he doesn't know it. A bird in the hand...

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

How does he 'know' this? He might think it, hope it, but he doesn't know it. A bird in the hand...

he knew that jj isn't in their big picture and that other guys would be given playing time over him.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

he knew that jj isn't in their big picture and that other guys would be given playing time over him.

He doesn't even know if the 'other guys' will be on the team. They can't get playing time over JJ if they arent on the team. That is a COMPLETE unknown.

Four players at the SG slot (Evans, Bogans, Dooling, JJ). Only ONE of those four was a sure thing for being on the roster next year, and that's JJ. Bogans has a player option, and both Evans and Dooling are FA's. Getting rid of JJ makes negotiations more difficult, and almost forces our hand at draft night regardless of who is left on the board at the time.