quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

quote:

quote:

i thing everyone would have to admit that otis was BSing when he claims he had to keep jj b/c of lack of depth in the offseason. evans will probably be back and bogans is here. not to mention the number 22 pick. otis needs to atleast be honest to the kid.

but otis new they would bring other guys in that is not only a lie but one that anyone could see.

It's qualifier of 'probably' with Evans, and the the same thing for Dooling "probably' leaving, that 'probably' led Otis to make that comment.

How does he 'know' this? He might think it, hope it, but he doesn't know it. A bird in the hand...

Of course Otis "knows" it !!!

Just like he "knew" that Seattle would agree to a reasonable sign-and-trade for Rashard so that he could keep Darko.

You think he's stupid or something?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

i thing everyone would have to admit that otis was BSing when he claims he had to keep jj b/c of lack of depth in the offseason. evans will probably be back and bogans is here. not to mention the number 22 pick. otis needs to atleast be honest to the kid.

but otis new they would bring other guys in that is not only a lie but one that anyone could see.

It's qualifier of 'probably' with Evans, and the the same thing for Dooling "probably' leaving, that 'probably' led Otis to make that comment.

How does he 'know' this? He might think it, hope it, but he doesn't know it. A bird in the hand...

Of course Otis "knows" it !!!

Just like he "knew" that Seattle would agree to a reasonable sign-and-trade for Rashard so that he could keep Darko.

You think he's stupid or something?

I can only assume that was rhetorical. lol

otis may have not known who was coming back but he knew he wasn't going to have a situation where jj was the starting sg he knew he would sign someone else or keep these players. to think otis actually thought jj would be the only returning player is ludacris and if he thought that he is a bigger idiot than i thought.

As deep as this draft is, I'd trade JJ for any single pick in the 1st round.

JJ is wasting a roster spor, wasting 2 million in cap space, all while wasting away on the bench.

JJ...What a waste!

story

the sixers are apparently looking to get a sharpshooter out of this draft, and they're looking at cdr or rush... jj's a sharp shooter, we'd take either of those two, do you think we'd have to send something else? our 22?

quote:

I can only assume that was rhetorical. lol

Nice assumption.

I guess I should really put some sort of **sarcasm** indicator on comments like that.

But most of you guys know that I'm only serious about 10% of the time (which accounts for about 10% of the times I'm wrong).

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

story

the sixers are apparently looking to get a sharpshooter out of this draft, and they're looking at cdr or rush... jj's a sharp shooter, we'd take either of those two, do you think we'd have to send something else? our 22?

WHat GM in the league is going to prefer JJ over Rush, CDR, or Lee?

I have said this a few times before but trading JJ before we have more SGs under contract is not a good move because like it or not he is our back-up plan in a worst case scenario off-season. Also JJ is an unknown in games in terms of ability so it would be a good idea to give him some playing time in games and if he does no work out you then you trade him or let him walk at the end of next season.

quote:
Originally posted by Waltfeld:

I have said this a few times before but trading JJ before we have more SGs under contract is not a good move because like it or not he is our back-up plan in a worst case scenario off-season. Also JJ is an unknown in games in terms of ability so it would be a good idea to give him some playing time in games and if he does no work out you then you trade him or let him walk at the end of next season.

But the risk is nullified if you trade him for a draft pick that you know you can use to draft another SG.

Even if Evans and Dooling both sign elsewhere (which I believe will happen), that would still leave you with the draft pick and Bogans as true SGs, with Hedo and Jameer that can both also play the position in relatively short stretches.

Not to mention that the MLE would still be available.

The risk of not moving him and thus getting nothing for him at the end of the year is a much higher risk.

quote:
Originally posted by Waltfeld:

Also JJ is an unknown in games in terms of ability so it would be a good idea to give him some playing time in games and if he does no work out you then you trade him or let him walk at the end of next season.

I think 2 full seasons is indicator enough of JJ very much being a known commodity.

And...Let a lottery pick walk???

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

story

WHat GM in the league is going to prefer JJ over Rush, CDR, or Lee?

as a shooter jj is hands down better than all three.