Chad Ford Mock 4.0

First round, Pick #22

Orlando

Mario Chalmers

Position: PG

Height: 6-2

Weight: 170

School: Kansas

The skinny: With Carlos Arroyo and Keyon Dooling both hitting the free-agent market this summer, the Magic could hedge their bets with Chalmers -- a sweet-shooting, hard-defending floor leader who can play both the 1 and the 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?c...age=MockDraft-080609

First round, Pick #22

Orlando

Mario Chalmers

Position: PG

Height: 6-2

Weight: 170

School: Kansas

The skinny: With Carlos Arroyo and Keyon Dooling both hitting the free-agent market this summer, the Magic could hedge their bets with Chalmers -- a sweet-shooting, hard-defending floor leader who can play both the 1 and the 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?c...age=MockDraft-080609

the way this draft is going, i really think were goin to have to move up or down, or were gonna end up reaching for someone. players like speights, arthur, koufus, rush are all moving up draft boards while guys like chalmers, walker, dorsey, hickson, lee etc continue to hover late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. they did mention that the blazers at 13 especially and suns at 15 are looking to trade. the blazers are espeically interesting seeing as they have good young expendable players and have a real need for a sf.

how bout turk for 13 and webster. and 22/jj for 15 or 16. come home with speights or arthur and rush.

or we could trade down and pull something like chalmers, dorsey, and lee

quote:
Originally posted by ufballer86:

the way this draft is going, i really think were goin to have to move up or down, or were gonna end up reaching for someone. players like speights, arthur, koufus, rush are all moving up draft boards while guys like chalmers, walker, dorsey, hickson, lee etc continue to hover late in the 1st or early in the 2nd. they did mention that the blazers at 13 especially and suns at 15 are looking to trade. the blazers are espeically interesting seeing as they have good young expendable players and have a real need for a sf.

how bout turk for 13 and webster. and 22/jj for 15 or 16. come home with speights or arthur and rush.

or we could trade down and pull something like chalmers, dorsey, and lee

I've been told that Otis doesn't want to get much younger. I've also been told that Hedo is not going anywhere unless it is an unbelievable deal.

i would think that the portland deal is pretty one sided. we could fill our starting sg and pf for at least the next 3 years at a reasonable price. that doesnt work capwise tho. we could do turk, jj, 22 for webster, phrizbilla, rodreguiez, 13.

i hope otis is confident about keeping turk after next season, a wink wink deal maybe

Chad is officially talking out of his a--.

Why would we take a PG..... because thats what he is.... over a SG like CDR or even Bill Walker.

I like Chalmers dont get me wrong, be he will be drafted in the 2nd round. He wasnt consistent through out the season to warrant a 1st round selection.

Although I will say that the 3 pt shot to send the game into OT, probably increase his draft stock alot.

But still, Chad is a moron.

barnettej i agree with you... i like mario chalmers but we dont need a young pg backing another young pg... i can see mo coming back and us drafting CDR that would make sense. im still convinced we will end up obtaining dorsey or some other young PF by/during the draft.