Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Ridiculous. Y'all have to read this. Hou Orl trade rumor

Guys, the article is as mess in English because it was translated from Chinese. I know Rev already said it, just want to emphasize.

This is really a tough one, as Battie would provide a great backup for Shard and could probably guard SGs and play with Shard at the same time, and provide intangibles. It looks like Hedo is still a gamble because people don't know if he will keep up. It's a really hard one because of the Hedo/Shard thing. I suppose if we only had Hedo this would a simple no. But it's still hard since Hedo was basically the go to guy for the Magic this season, sometimes more than Dwight who is still limited on his offensive game.

Other thing is, isn't Hayes a SF? He's listed as 6'6". If he's a PF, he should be a small one. It doesn't look like he played too much minutes neither.

I would probably see if we can get more value, as picks and more players to add depth....

I saw this last night but didn't post it.

As constructed, I don't like the package. Switch out Hayes for Scola or make them throw in their draft pick(s) and I'll deal.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

As constructed, I don't like the package. Switch out Hayes for Scola or make them throw in their draft pick(s) and I'll deal.

I doubt there is any way they would give up Scola or a 1st rounder. They might throw in a second rounder though. I think its a pretty good deal.

I know there's a slim chance they throw in anything, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

What's the verdict on Hayes? Anyone with a scouting report on him?

While I understand the reasoning here, I would prefer my long-proposed Kirilenko trade. He provides similar caliber defense, but also has a decent offensive game and is much younger. I have heard it said that a Hedo for Battier swap is reminiscent of Mobley for Christie. We all remember how THAT worked out...

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

While I understand the reasoning here, I would prefer my long-proposed Kirilenko trade. He provides similar caliber defense, but also has a decent offensive game and is much younger. I have heard it said that a Hedo for Battier swap is reminiscent of Mobley for Christie. We all remember how THAT worked out...

I'm definitely on the AK47-to-Orlando bandwagon.

I'm not down with either trade. No way the Magic take on AK's contract, and a 6'6'' PF is a joke ... unless you are Sir Charles.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I'm not down with either trade. No way the Magic take on AK's contract, and a 6'6'' PF is a joke ... unless you are Sir Charles.

I don't get it man. There are a decent amount of very productive undersized 4s in this league. Hayes had a very good season.

no way I do this trade, what is wrong with you people. throw in scola and then will talk, until then dont even answer Houstons call.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I don't get it man. There are a decent amount of very productive undersized 4s in this league. Hayes had a very good season.

IMO, Battie is better than this kid. If we trade Hedo it has to be for a borderline all-star. I know enough insider info to know that besides Dwight Hedo is Otis' favorite player on the team. It is gonna take a great deal for him to be traded.