Jay Magic

Welcome To The Orlando Magic Victor Oladipo

Victor should be a great addition and a great role model for our youth. He should be passed the torch as team leader after this 25th season! I can believe he will lead the Magic to their 1st NBA Championship. Barring an injury, he will be on the All-Rookie Team and be in serious consideration for NBA Rookie-of-the-Year! I believe he should be given the opportunity to start and possibly be groomed to play the point if his handle is sharpened up. He will improve his game with his superlative work ethic. Welcome to Orlando and he will have an immediate impact for the Magic. Believe It!!!

I'm not questioning his ability to guard at the perimeter, its in the post where im worried, any big guard would be smart to post him up and work him from there.

Curious as to who all these big guards are that are supreme post players anyway. Joe Johnson, Wade (not big but good in the post) and Kobe are the only ones that immediately come to my mind. I guess Paul George if you want to count him as a SG. Oladipo seems to have the body type to be able to handle a physical SG if necessary.

Another Indiana Hoosier fan here. You are gonna love Vic. I have never been a fan of the NBA but love college basketball, but that is going to change because I LOVE watching Vic play. Not only his gym work ethic fantastic but he is a student of the game. He studies hours of tapes and picks up players nuances so that he becomes a defensive nightmare for his assignment. If he is anything like he was at Indiana, he will be one highlight reel after another with his plays. He never gives up on a play!!!

Curious as to who all these big guards are that are supreme post players anyway. Joe Johnson, Wade (not big but good in the post) and Kobe are the only ones that immediately come to my mind. I guess Paul George if you want to count him as a SG. Oladipo seems to have the body type to be able to handle a physical SG if necessary.

He absolutely does. He's guarded a lot of big athletic wings in college (even the other team's center on occasion) and has done a great job. He's not going to get pushed around by any of those guys in the post.

We have a young group of players here and it's exciting to see how this is gonna unfold. I like the defense that Oladipo can bring to the table. I don't watch much college ball, but that's one thing I took away from seeing him play.

We have a young group of players here and it's exciting to see how this is gonna unfold. I like the defense that Oladipo can bring to the table. I don't watch much college ball, but that's one thing I took away from seeing him play.

Yeah i can't wait for the summer camp to start and the season. Really wanna see how these young guys can gel together, and to see their improvements!

I'm actually very intrigued to see how Harris is going to fare this season, he played really well after the trade from the Bucks, and hopefully has/will work hard this offseason to develop areas of his game. Harris has an elite body and if he can develop will be a devastating player for us!

I see so much of Dwyane Wade in his game is unbelievable. His motor is unreal and he jus won't quit. Wasn't sold on him last week but love the pick now, especially after watching this highlight film:

Watch "Victor Oladipo Complete Highlights (with epic end): IU Basketball" on YouTube -

I was hoping Oladipo would be the pick. Even more excited after that video!

I'm loving our young core of Oladipo, Harkless, Harris and Vucevic. We are looking to have some great defensive production from our 2 and 3.

I see so much of Dwyane Wade in his game is unbelievable. His motor is unreal and he jus won't quit. Wasn't sold on him last week but love the pick now, especially after watching this highlight film:

Watch "Victor Oladipo Complete Highlights (with epic end): IU Basketball" on YouTube -

Two people in this highlight video compare him to MJ. One of them is Dicky V.

The big kicker with Vic is his shot. If that continues to improve he really becomes a complete player. Doesn't even have to be great just posses the ability to keep defenses honest. I think we all know what were getting defensively from this guy.

My favorite thing about him is how, even though he will be a rookie, I think he and Harris are really going to push this team on and off the court. Those 2 guys are working non stop all the time. That work ethic should become contagious. Light a little fire under Harkless and Nik's asses.

• Upvote 1