Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

You guys wanna hear some rumors/gossip?

From time to time I e-mail with Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld. Since the trade deadline I haven't talked much with him.

Well, since our season has ended and we are all anxiously awaiting the draft, fee agency and possible trades I e-mailed him over the weekend asking if he was hearing any Magic rumors. This was his reponse:

quote:

Talked with both Otis and Dave T this week, neither would say much... the

Magic are blocking the media from workouts...

Joey Dorsey is slated to visit with DJ White on Monday-Tuesday... then

Courtney Lee who I like a lot is coming in.

Mo Evans told me he thinks he'll be back... Keyon Dooling was being chatty

with Erik Spolestra of the HEAT, I joked both of them about him heading

back to Miami, he joked back "I'm taking the 5th on that one"...

Steve

Draw your own conclusions.

From time to time I e-mail with Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld. Since the trade deadline I haven't talked much with him.

Well, since our season has ended and we are all anxiously awaiting the draft, fee agency and possible trades I e-mailed him over the weekend asking if he was hearing any Magic rumors. This was his reponse:

quote:

Talked with both Otis and Dave T this week, neither would say much... the

Magic are blocking the media from workouts...

Joey Dorsey is slated to visit with DJ White on Monday-Tuesday... then

Courtney Lee who I like a lot is coming in.

Mo Evans told me he thinks he'll be back... Keyon Dooling was being chatty

with Erik Spolestra of the HEAT, I joked both of them about him heading

back to Miami, he joked back "I'm taking the 5th on that one"...

Steve

Draw your own conclusions.

If they're really considering bringing Evans back I have serious concerns for how this offseason will turn out.

Let's for the sake of discussion say our three sgs will be exactly the same as this year. We'd essentially still have three back ups. Would anyone be happy with that?

I say HELL no to another year of Mogans.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

If they're really considering bringing Evans back I have serious concerns for how this offseason will turn out.

Let's for the sake of discussion say our three sgs will be exactly the same as this year. We'd essentially still have three back ups. Would anyone be happy with that?

I say HELL no to another year of Mogans.

well, Who's better? Mo or Gans...Arguably Mo is more active and a better finisher, while the defense and shooting is similar. Again this can be debated, but can there be a way to trade Bogans and keep Evans as your back up. Just because Bogans has a year left, doesn't mean he will play here. He will be a expiring contract and we can trade him. Unless there's other things in his contract.

Honesly I wouldn't be happy with the same guards. We need to improve. I would be ok with the same big men, adding Battie, but not the same guards...

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Dooling can't REALLY be considering going to Miami...

can he???

Why not? The Heat won't be nearly as bad as they were this year. That's what happens when you sell your soul.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

Dooling can't REALLY be considering going to Miami...

can he???

Why not? The Heat won't be nearly as bad as they were this year. That's what happens when you sell your soul.

How funny would it be if the Magic won the championship while Dooling was with the Heat?

The comment from Dooling is just posturing. Remember, he knows Spolestra from his time with the Heat.

Dooling's best option is to stay here, but he also wants the best deal possible.

Also, consider this, even if we retain Dooling, Bogans, and Evans, we will still have a backcourt spot to fill once Arroyo departs. There is still a decent chance that JJ could be moved. My point is, we still will have opportunites to improve at the SG spot, even if we resign Evans.

And you can take this to the bank: unless Bogans averages 10 points per game and 50% from beyond the arc, he is gone after his player option is up.

Miami should make the playoffs next year with their top pick and a full year of a healthy Wade and Marion...Plus any other moves they might do and if they offer him more money...why not....

Its possible...I wouldn't mind too much to get new PG's either...Keep Nelson, find a good backup to challenge him for playing time and get some third string NBDL type of guy.