Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Nemesis Suitor?

The Detroit Pistons. A team that has extinguished our hopes and dreams on two occasions. However, its becoming likely that the hump that is the Detroit Pistons is on the verge of a break up, a potential suitor to our needs? This, a passage from ESPN's Daily Dime: Topic #9.

quote:
All of the Pistons' starters except for Tayshaun Prince are at least 30 years old, and there's a strong possibility Dumars will break up the core of Prince, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Wallace and Antonio McDyess in an effort to rebuild around Jason Maxiell, Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson and Aaron Affalo.

"He probably will, because there's no excuse on why we didn't go back to the Finals this year, and I'm pretty sure he sees that," McDyess said.

Nemesis Suitor?

I'll just begin this segment of my topic by applauding the Detroit franchise, for the pleasure they've given me when watching this wonderful game. A team that shall be remembered as one of success. In the grand scheme of things its fair to say they could've/should've/possibly achieved more, but once again as a core of players they've been highly entertaining to my eyes.

Now, enough arse kissing. What does this mean for us? Why is it in the Orlando Magic forum? Well, they may just be the nemesis suitor to our identified needs. I'm dicey on my thoughts as to whom would be available, but I'd be quite happy to see our squad obtain a player like Antonio McDyess. A player who evidently has put forth his evaluation of Detroit's fate!

Thoughts.

The Detroit Pistons. A team that has extinguished our hopes and dreams on two occasions. However, its becoming likely that the hump that is the Detroit Pistons is on the verge of a break up, a potential suitor to our needs? This, a passage from ESPN's Daily Dime: Topic #9.

quote:
All of the Pistons' starters except for Tayshaun Prince are at least 30 years old, and there's a strong possibility Dumars will break up the core of Prince, Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Wallace and Antonio McDyess in an effort to rebuild around Jason Maxiell, Rodney Stuckey, Amir Johnson and Aaron Affalo.

"He probably will, because there's no excuse on why we didn't go back to the Finals this year, and I'm pretty sure he sees that," McDyess said.

Nemesis Suitor?

I'll just begin this segment of my topic by applauding the Detroit franchise, for the pleasure they've given me when watching this wonderful game. A team that shall be remembered as one of success. In the grand scheme of things its fair to say they could've/should've/possibly achieved more, but once again as a core of players they've been highly entertaining to my eyes.

Now, enough arse kissing. What does this mean for us? Why is it in the Orlando Magic forum? Well, they may just be the nemesis suitor to our identified needs. I'm dicey on my thoughts as to whom would be available, but I'd be quite happy to see our squad obtain a player like Antonio McDyess. A player who evidently has put forth his evaluation of Detroit's fate!

Thoughts.

I propose the following, just mucking around here:

Orlando:

Incoming - Antonio McDyess + Lindsey Hunter + 2nd round 2008 draft draft pick

Outgoing - JJ Redick + S&T Unrestricted FA (Evans/Arroyo/Augustine/Dooling)

Detroit:

Incoming - JJ Redick + S&T Unrestricted FA (Evans/Arroyo/Augustine/Dooling)

Outgoing - Antonio McDyess + Lindsey Hunter + 2nd round 2008 draft pick

Antonio is a guy who would wonderfully compliment Dwight in the paint. I think he still has some gas left in the tank. Lindsey Hunter, I think he may hang up the boots, but if available, would be beneficial toward quality depth. An evident issue in our past campaigns.

Are you kidding me? I'd do this in a heartbeat! He is the perfect power forward for what we need. My question is it feasible? I've seen many conflicting reports about whether or not he is actually available, contractually?

Some of you business experts get busy on this thread. j/k

I generate the thought of McDyess, due to the development of Maxiel. I think they are firm on Maxiel as of now.

They have a lot of pieces that would be intriguing to us. I look forward the thoughts of many.

Rasheed for Hedo, straight up?

I have zero knowledge of Sheed's contract... it was the first thing that popped in my head. I've quite frankly heard of a lot of dumb Hedo trade ideas, but I won't pay attention until someone with around a Wallace-level talent is brought up, not for peanuts.

WOW!!!!!

This story is all over the web. Here's an easy one:

McDyess for JJ and Cook.

I'd rather have Sheed but his contract is too large for us. I believe this trade would help both teams. It would give them a young prospect and give us a solid banger.

Can you imagine a front line of Howard, Wallace and Lewis? A seven foot power forward?

Wallace could float out on the perimeter all he wants with Dwight out there, we could run a high-low post scheme, or switch up pick and rolls with Dwight with pick and pops with Sheed.

We would have three legitimate back-to-the-basket players in D12, Sheed and Shard.

Im drooling over the offensive possibilities.

Not to mention Sheed imparting his knowledge on Dwight.

Too bad this is all a pipe dream.

Don't count Detroit out yet. Billups has still good 2/3 years left and RIP is not that old. Add Prince and you have great quality at

1-3 positions. The only thing they lack IMO is a player who can create his own shot. A scoring PF would be a great addition for them.

They need a new center and a scoring PF to become contenders again.

I think they should get rid of Sheed in order to become succesfull.

Yo Berto, maybe we can make your Walter Herrmann dream come true! (lol)