Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Why is Dave Twardzik still employed in Orlando?

Quite honestly he has to be the worst evaluator of talent ever...I wont recite his picks but its safe to say he has been horrific at best in evaluating talent every year since he arrived other than the dwight pick (if it wasnt puck heads pick). I mean really, look at his picks....a monkey could have did better!

Quite honestly he has to be the worst evaluator of talent ever...I wont recite his picks but its safe to say he has been horrific at best in evaluating talent every year since he arrived other than the dwight pick (if it wasnt puck heads pick). I mean really, look at his picks....a monkey could have did better!

OK you made me do it! Turdzik arrived after destroying golden state's drafting in 2003 and drafted.

2003-reece gaines/zaza (but he left for nothing)

2004-dwight/nelson (although this is a hockey guy pick),varajo

2005-vasquez as a lottery pick....we know the history here.../deinar...but he left

2006-redick...and he isnt even in our top 12 rotation as a lottery pick.

guys you forgot about he drafted....lior eliyahu,

ryan hollins,james augustine, marty andriuskevicius ...some were traded for cash but there were guys who made teams picked after these slugs.

In looking back at our drafts I answered my own question when I looked at our picks from 1997-2003....we had someone worse doing the draft analysis...and thats really hard to believe.

Vasquez and redick have no value the jury is spoken already....vasquez is inexcusable...turdzik should have been fired on the spot!

Well, looking at it. Ryan Hollins has been quite solid for the Bobcats. Only forgettable are Gaines and Marty. The rest have proven they can play.

Well, pardon me, but to say JJ can't play is basically absurd, IMO. JJ has proven that he can score in this league given the PT. It is only his defense that is lacking.

Why is the Vazquez pick inexcusable? Its normal to have overseas player being drafted in the 1st round and not even wanting to play here right away. Same goes to the Weiss guy, the one VC dunked on, lately it has been Delfino and Rudy Fernandez. The list goes on and on. Same goes with AK47 or Peja. Look how they turned out.

Well, so what if the players left, the fact still remains that he seems to have a good eye with prospects in his tenure here.

After GM Weisbrod quit and the Magic made it known that they would consider Twardzik and Smith for the position, Twardzik said that he would prefer to continue in his present position.

Did Otis and Twardzik have an understanding at that time, and Otis feels an obligation to keep him?

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

You guys are also forgeting he was probably behind the trade that brought the Magic Marcin Gortat. But who really knows what that boob really does.

I think he is the head of scouting for our team. His name only appears when draft is being talked about.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Well, looking at it. Ryan Hollins has been quite solid for the Bobcats. Only forgettable are Gaines and Marty. The rest have proven they can play.

Well, pardon me, but to say JJ can't play is basically absurd, IMO. JJ has proven that he can score in this league given the PT. It is only his defense that is lacking.

Why is the Vazquez pick inexcusable? Its normal to have overseas player being drafted in the 1st round and not even wanting to play here right away. Same goes to the Weiss guy, the one VC dunked on, lately it has been Delfino and Rudy Fernandez. The list goes on and on. Same goes with AK47 or Peja. Look how they turned out.

Well, so what if the players left, the fact still remains that he seems to have a good eye with prospects in his tenure here.

No way Fendi, look at where those other guys were drafted, Fran was a freakin lottery pick. Overseas players drafted in the lottery come over when they are drafted, period. I wouldn't put it all on Twardzik because I think Fran's camp should burn in hell for this whole fiasco but, I do think that there were other options on the board that would have been better choices than a guy putting up avg stats in Euro play.

Just because I'm a glutton for punishment here are some of the players that were picked after Fran that DID show up for work.

Sean May

Rashad McCants

Antoine Wright

Danny Granger

Hakim Warrick

Nate Robinson

Jarrett Jack

Francisco Garcia

Luther Head

Jason Maxiell

Linas Kleiza

David Lee

That's 12 picks that are at the very least contributing to their teams. 12 picks out of the 19 picks left in the first round that we passed on. Some of them you wouldn't take that high but maybe you trade down and pick up something else, an asset, any asset.

Yes I know hindsight is 20-20 but it's not like there were not other options out there or that there was a small chance of grabbing a contributer. Notice I say contributer, that is how low my expectations are for the draft at this point. I just want someone that will do something other than sit on the bench or help Si Spurling model his fall collection.

From what I remember Fran's camp gave every indication he was coming over. I'm not going to claim I know anything about scouting a player but Fran's stats were not exactly Earth shattering. If he doesn't come over and at least match what May does when he's healthy I'm going to lose my mind.