Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Magic tell Dooling they want him back...(Schmitz)

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Jason Williams would be an absolute upgrade over Carlos Arroyo, and anyone who disagrees is probably an Arroyo homer that doesn't really know who J-Will is.

Our bench needs more DEPTH, Jason Williams would provide that and Godforbid there's an injury, I know there's few point guards (including Chris Duhon who is WAY overrated in this forum) within realistic reach or on the roster already that I'd trust more than Williams in clutch situations.

This also got even more possible than before after last night.. if Chicago takes Beasley then Miami would have to take Derrick Rose, which means no chance in hell would Miami bring back J-Will.

I'm not saying Jason Williams would be the answer to all our PG problems. I'm saying he'd be a major step up.

Skywise,you just threw yourself of the pedestal I had you in.LOL

Where is your objectivity? Jason was a top notch PG about 5-8 yrs ago but now is an injured wreck of what he was. You better stop going back to the future, man.

Statistics dont lie,I say Carlos played better than Jason,because Jason played 8 more minutes per game he should have a lot better numbers than Arroyo and it doesnt show,I think signing Jason will not improve our PG situation at all.

Carlos Arroyo

2007-08 Statistics

PPG 6.9

RPG 1.8

APG 3.5

SPG 0.4

BPG 0.0

FG% 0.451

FT% 0.853

3P% 0.345

MPG 20.5

Jason Williams

2007-08 Statistics

PPG 8.8

RPG 1.9

APG 4.6

SPG 1.2

BPG 0.1

FG% 0.384

FT% 0.863

3P% 0.353

MPG 28.1

quote:
Originally posted by chevylover:

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Jason Williams would be an absolute upgrade over Carlos Arroyo, and anyone who disagrees is probably an Arroyo homer that doesn't really know who J-Will is.

Our bench needs more DEPTH, Jason Williams would provide that and Godforbid there's an injury, I know there's few point guards (including Chris Duhon who is WAY overrated in this forum) within realistic reach or on the roster already that I'd trust more than Williams in clutch situations.

This also got even more possible than before after last night.. if Chicago takes Beasley then Miami would have to take Derrick Rose, which means no chance in hell would Miami bring back J-Will.

I'm not saying Jason Williams would be the answer to all our PG problems. I'm saying he'd be a major step up.

Skywise,you just threw yourself of the pedestal I had you in.LOL

Where is your objectivity? Jason was a top notch PG about 5-8 yrs ago but now is an injured wreck of what he was. You better stop going back to the future, man.

Statistics dont lie,I say Carlos played better than Jason,because Jason played 8 more minutes per game he should have a lot better numbers than Arroyo and it doesnt show,I think signing Jason will not improve our PG situation at all.

Carlos Arroyo

2007-08 Statistics

PPG 6.9

RPG 1.8

APG 3.5

SPG 0.4

BPG 0.0

FG% 0.451

FT% 0.853

3P% 0.345

MPG 20.5

Jason Williams

2007-08 Statistics

PPG 8.8

RPG 1.9

APG 4.6

SPG 1.2

BPG 0.1

FG% 0.384

FT% 0.863

3P% 0.353

MPG 28.1

I say lets get a real PG like Calderon and let Jameer back up with Dooling also playing the 2

ra

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Re-signing Dooling just means we are stuck, yet again, without 1 true point guard on our roster. Jameer at 5'10 plays good offense and no defense. Dooling plays good defense for the most part and is a black hole on offense (seriously, has anyone ever seen him pass the ball).

The SG and PF are the biggest holes we have but the PG spot has got to be addressed at some point if we are ever going to compete with the big boys.

Ramon Sessions is 6'3" plays D and is a true PG. He is just a rookie and still had a 24 assist game this year. The guys is no fluke and I think we could put something small together that wont affect the roster to get him.

Ramon Sessions does NOT play good defense, and the notion that he does has been generated by this board because he's tall.

It's actually kind of surreal. A guy comes out of the d-league with good not great averages there because the NBA team he's assigned to has a huge number of injuries, puts up a couple impressive stats in meaningless games(all of which were big losses for the Bucks, by the way), and this board immediately strips those stats of any and all context and declares him to be the greatest point guard since Magic.

The reality is that the Chicago game looked like a rec-league game, because no one even pretended to play defense, allowing the teams to shoot 57.5% and 67% respectively.

And how come there's no talk about Duhon's performance in that game? 22/14ast in 15 fewer minutes than Sessions, and Duhon actually does play defense. Did no one actually think to question the validity of a game where the two teams combined to score 286 points in regulation?

Sometimes being a member of this board is an exercise in insanity.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Ramon Sessions comes out of the d-league with great averages, puts up impressive stats in games, and this board immediately declares him to be the greatest point guard since Magic.

Sometimes being a member of this board is an exercise in insanity.

You ok DOM?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4

BTW, this pretty much means Arroyo is gone unless he's willing to sign for beans.

You mean rice and beans?

I swear I was going to type that, but wasn't sure if I was going to offend my hispanic brethren, lol.

If I know my hispanic brethren well enough, they like their arroz y frijoles. Besides, can't we all just have a healthy laugh without fear of offending somebody?

Of course we all can have a healthy laugh... and don't forget that with a lot of bananas Jameer Nelson may grow a few inches and guard somebody next year.

quote:
Of course we all can have a healthy laugh... and don't forget that with a lot of bananas Jameer Nelson may grow a few inches and guard somebody next year.

Off course, you're monkeying around.LOL

quote:

If I know my hispanic brethren well enough, they like their arroz y frijoles. Besides, can't we all just have a healthy laugh without fear of offending somebody?

Thank you gabe,from now on I'm going to eat a lot of bananas, I need to grow a few inches too

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Bryce Drew > Jameer Nelson > Jason Williams > Carlos Arroyo > Jude Law

Jude Law > Jameer Nelson