ball junkie

J. Hollinger on Pistons/Magic - Results of the Darko trade

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I don't know what games they watched but Lindsey Hunter played **** good while Stuckey spent both game four and five in foul trouble.

I agree about Hunter, I thought he was the one that really disrupted things.

I disagree with you about L. Hunter, the only one that disrupted our offensive was Dooling.

That's cold

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

It's very difficult to say very simply that the Pistons got Stuckey and we only have Carlos left.

Carlos Arroyo & Darko for the 15th pick and Kelvin Cato shook out like this.

With the 15th pick Detroit selected Stuckey. We know that. What isn't ever mentioned is the ability to draft Nick Young, Sean Williams, Javaris Crittenton, Rudy Fernandez, etc that the Magic would have had.

Also, with the expiring contract of Kelvin Cato, the Pistons signed Nazr Mahommed. With Nazr Mohammed, the Pistons traded to get Primo Brezec and Walter Herman. Then they traded Brezec to get Juan Dixon.

The Magic picked up Darko and Arroyo in that original trade.

We lost Darko to free agency. But it's not enough to say that his salary cap space allowed the mAgic to sign Rashard. The expiration of G Hill's contract in conjunction with the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway was more than enough for the magic to afford Rashard. Darko's contract coming off the books allowed the Magic to overpay Shard.

And now at the end of this season, we will likely let Arroyo walk.

So in the trade with Detroit, they are left with Stuckey, Herman & Dixon (who both have expiring contracts) currently. We are left with a few extra million tacked onto Rashard's contract and that is it.

I think that you went too far. Do you feel that the combination of Herrman and Stuckey are better than Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, or Carmello Anthony? Yeah, me neither, Pistons wasted a 2nd overall pick and ultiamtely got Stuckey...

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

It's very difficult to say very simply that the Pistons got Stuckey and we only have Carlos left.

With the 15th pick Detroit selected Stuckey. We know that. What isn't ever mentioned is the ability to draft Nick Young, Sean Williams, Javaris Crittenton, Rudy Fernandez, etc that the Magic would have had.

Also, with the expiring contract of Kelvin Cato, the Pistons signed Nazr Mahommed. With Nazr Mohammed, the Pistons traded to get Primo Brezec and Walter Herman. Then they traded Brezec to get Juan Dixon.

We lost Darko to free agency. But it's not enough to say that his salary cap space allowed the mAgic to sign Rashard. The expiration of G Hill's contract in conjunction with the expiring contract of Penny Hardaway was more than enough for the magic to afford Rashard. Darko's contract coming off the books allowed the Magic to overpay Shard.

So in the trade with Detroit, they are left with Stuckey, Herman & Dixon (who both have expiring contracts) currently. We are left with a few extra million tacked onto Rashard's contract and that is it.

I think that you went too far. Do you feel that the combination of Herrman and Stuckey are better than Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, or Carmello Anthony? Yeah, me neither, Pistons wasted a 2nd overall pick and ultiamtely got Stuckey...

Jury's still out on Stuckey. Wait 2 more years and see what he becomes before passing judgment. I think this kid has what it takes to be a HOFer.

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

Jury's still out on Stuckey. Wait 2 more years and see what he becomes before passing judgment. I think this kid has what it takes to be a HOFer.

Simply quality. He's been a wonderful young player to watch throughout the season. I saw him early in the season and loved his on court demeanor. Carries good fundamentals, a quiet confidence, has the qualities of a leader. When the day of Chauncey's decline or career close comes, the torch will be in more than capable hands. Their a team that from what I can see have some youthful gems. They may in fact remain our nemeses for years to come, lol!