Sign in to follow this  
mire

trade darko!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

Darko's potential is Mehmet Okur. People need to start making that comparison. He is never going to be a Dirk.

Wrong. Darko is already a better low post player than Okur. He's also a better passer than either of them. Neither of those are good comparisons, why don't we just call him the next Darko Milicic?

I really don't think that is a negative comparison. Okur is a good rebounder and a outstanding shooter. Darko has shown signs of a good post game (even better if he develops a right hand) and is a great shotblocker. I can kind of see the similarities but to tell you the truth if Darko turns in Okur numbers on a consistent basis I will be a very happy camper.

Im watching the nets game vs wizards right now and to be honest i dont know if i really want vince taking all these fade aways for us next year...i think we keep darko and go after gerald wallace. the only person im willing to part with darko for is billups. Enough said.

quote:
Originally posted by elgranmasterj18:

Im watching the nets game vs wizards right now and to be honest i dont know if i really want vince taking all these fade aways for us next year...i think we keep darko and go after gerald wallace. the only person im willing to part with darko for is billups. Enough said.

Do you have league pass or is it televised?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

Darko's potential is Mehmet Okur. People need to start making that comparison. He is never going to be a Dirk.

Wrong. Darko is already a better low post player than Okur. He's also a better passer than either of them. Neither of those are good comparisons, why don't we just call him the next Darko Milicic?

I really don't think that is a negative comparison. Okur is a good rebounder and a outstanding shooter. Darko has shown signs of a good post game (even better if he develops a right hand) and is a great shotblocker. I can kind of see the similarities but to tell you the truth if Darko turns in Okur numbers on a consistent basis I will be a very happy camper.

Agree. I would take Mehmet in the open market any day. If that is what Darko's going to be, lets sign him up quick.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by elgranmasterj18:

Do you have league pass or is it televised?

I believe its on NBA TV right now, TITY.

This has kind of been beaten to death, but I think I'll make my definitive post on the matter.

Darko will be a top 5 big in this league in about 4-5 years. His skill level is already higher than most 7 footers in the league (i can off the top of my head think of about 6 who are better). That's pretty good company. And he plays with tremendous intensity, even if it doesn't seem that way because he's kind of a stoic Euro. Dwight and Darko will be a one-two punch that will compete for titles for a decade if they stick together.

Of course, Orlando's management has a history of not seeing these things. Trading him for Vince is crazy. I love Vince, and he would help us compete next year, but his legs are already wrapped like a mummy and he is clearly on the downside of his career. Darko could be absolutly dominate in the near future. And trading a dominate 7 footer, who you could be pairing with another even more physically dominate center, would be a mistake that might finally spell the end for this error ridden franchise.

quote:
Originally posted by morlegend:

i couldn't believe it when he made that jumper yesterday... i think that's the first time i saw him take/make one like that..... right when i saw that, i got soooooooo pissed that BHill doesn't let him take them.. i mean... WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT COACH!?!?! he prefers 1 dimensional players? ugghhh..... man darko could be so much better of a player if he kept on making those jumpers...

Really? He takes about two of those shots a month (lol), and when one of those doesn't go in and it is followed up by a defensive mistake, B. Hill takes him out. I'd say he shoots 60%+ beyond the 20 foot mark if he shoot them more frequently. He almost made a three last year, but he was about a foot infront of the arc.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic31:

quote:
Originally posted by morlegend:

i couldn't believe it when he made that jumper yesterday... i think that's the first time i saw him take/make one like that..... right when i saw that, i got soooooooo pissed that BHill doesn't let him take them.. i mean... WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT COACH!?!?! he prefers 1 dimensional players? ugghhh..... man darko could be so much better of a player if he kept on making those jumpers...

Really? He takes about two of those shots a month (lol), and when one of those doesn't go in and it is followed up by a defensive mistake, B. Hill takes him out. I'd say he shoots 60%+ beyond the 20 foot mark if he shoot them more frequently. He almost made a three last year, but he was about a foot infront of the arc.

He was missing them early in the year, so it seems like coach told him to stop shooting them. Nothing helps a player's confidence like being told to abandon a huge portion of his game...