Sign in to follow this  
Aron-Ingi

ESPN Chris Sheridan picks Pistons in 7

The pick here is Detroit in seven games, and ESPN.com's picks will be up on the site by this weekend. As much as I like Orlando, I think the Pistons' experience will make the difference in a win-or-go home Game 7.

Yes, the Pistons swept the Magic last year, but this year's Orlando team is a different animal with a different coach and a different offensive scheme.

article....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080502b

The pick here is Detroit in seven games, and ESPN.com's picks will be up on the site by this weekend. As much as I like Orlando, I think the Pistons' experience will make the difference in a win-or-go home Game 7.

Yes, the Pistons swept the Magic last year, but this year's Orlando team is a different animal with a different coach and a different offensive scheme.

article....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080502b

Yeh I read this article earlier.

At least we appear to be making writers think that there actually are 4 teams in the east, instead of just Celtics, Pistons and Lebron.

Barkley said Pistons in 7 last night, and Kenny and Wade also said Pistons wins on a long series, 6 or 7,(although they really didn't want to predict how many games)...

It will not surprise me if most "experts" predict the Pistons to win, I mean they are the veterans and have the better record....so yeah...but what's interesting is that they are predicting it to be 7 games, not a sweep or out in 5 like last year...We are definately better...

Even Billups said last night after the win that Orlando is not the same, it would be different and harder...

Can't wait til Saturday!

At this stage, predicting the Pistons in 7 is actually a measure of respect to the Magic. It's been Detroit in Boston, with Cleveland on the outside all year long, now we're seen as a team that can compete with Detroit to the limit.

It's due time we exceed expectations. We've met them, but now is the time to exceed them.

Our series and the San Antonio / New Orleans series are eerily similar. You've got your veteran, championship experienced teams that rely on defense and halfcourt offense going against young up-and-coming teams with MVP candidates and exciting brands of basketball.

Not only should these two series' be the most exciting in the 2nd round this year, but could be some of the most exciting playoff basketball seen in a long time. I can't wait!!

I think we're going to absolutely FIGHT Detroit and Detroit is absolutely going to step up to the challenge. This should be a historic series and a chance to see a changing of the guard in the east (screw Boston).

Our first Pistons poster that isn't a regular and she is nice! I am really scared now. The Pistons sleeper cells are being activated as I type this.

I'm going to agree with the experts on this one unless I see some real fire in that first game. We MUST take of these first two games if we're even going to stand a chance.

When the Pistons put the screws on, they are just way to experienced to let a team slip out. But if we can get an edge? Sneak one out? We have a (small) shot.

usually i would buy the 7 game prediction as respect, but this year it seems like they've picked every single series to go either 7 games or 4. They figure we're good enough to not get swept so i guess they say it goes to 7. I think it's a way to not piss off either team's fan base too much.

After all, im actually thankful for the way the first round went down, it woke them up early. Plus, i think they have much more respect for the Magic than they had for the Sixers.

If orlando can come and win a game in Detroit, games one ore two, this will be a very interesting series....unless we can come back and protect home court, but we still have to beat them overthere.