Sign in to follow this  
~O~

*Anybody Still Willing To Lock In?*

It has come to my thoughts that I really don't want a superstar ruining the playing time and replacing the hidden talent of this team by making them look well old. Quickly, the focus and blame will turn on a guy like Vince Carter when losses on his last shot happens.

Man, I really don't like someone who tried to screw our team out of the playoffs unless they were traded to my team. In this case, I have a grudge against Vince Carter for acting out a flop and openly showing that NBA referees are the sorriest in sports history.

So I came to this decision.......

*If the Magic happen to sign Vince Carter in the offseason "I" will start a thread in which everyone here can insult, humiliate, malign, criticize, harass, defame, assail, degrade, and attack me in any way. (See Marc Acres Thread)

*If It so happens that Vince Carter doesn't even think of joining this team, I shall do all of the above to anyone who responded to this and you guys better not be scarred to respond.

Deal?

It has come to my thoughts that I really don't want a superstar ruining the playing time and replacing the hidden talent of this team by making them look well old. Quickly, the focus and blame will turn on a guy like Vince Carter when losses on his last shot happens.

Man, I really don't like someone who tried to screw our team out of the playoffs unless they were traded to my team. In this case, I have a grudge against Vince Carter for acting out a flop and openly showing that NBA referees are the sorriest in sports history.

So I came to this decision.......

*If the Magic happen to sign Vince Carter in the offseason "I" will start a thread in which everyone here can insult, humiliate, malign, criticize, harass, defame, assail, degrade, and attack me in any way. (See Marc Acres Thread)

*If It so happens that Vince Carter doesn't even think of joining this team, I shall do all of the above to anyone who responded to this and you guys better not be scarred to respond.

Deal?

Dub - not scared to admit that I have also soured on VC to the Magic for more reasons that one... Don't know what the implications are for that and posting it here, but thats honorable of you to set some "stakes" . I'd like to officially go on record as agreeing with you on your point and am willing to make it known as well.. ill hafta think a bit to come up with some kinda stakes for myself, don't want to step on your gig...

I agree with you. I do NOT want VC in Orlando. However, I also think it's in Darko's best intrest to leave Orlando. If Darko does leave than VC may be a real good fit in Orlando. Mainly because the only way Darko will get better is if the offense goes through him, if Vince comes then Darko won't have that opportunity. This means Darko won't improve, and neither will the Magic. However, if Darko leaves and Vince signs with Orlando then the Magic will have their own Kobe and Shaq (VC and Dwight), and they will have enough money to sign a solid PF who is more of a defensive player than an all around player (like Darko).

However, if Darko does leave and VC comes than look for JJ to have reduced PT. That will not sit well with many fans.

And for all of those who do want VC, do you really want to pay him $60 mill for 3 years. The man is old when it comes to playing basketball and with that kind of money we could sign Lebron James. VC is no Lebron James and I for one would not pay him that kind of money (Sadly that is not my decision to make).

I think this team would be a lot better off if we signed GWall. He won't disrupt the offense of any other player and he is a billion times better at defense than VC (slight exaggeration).

Agreed...i think the only reason why there is so much hype and speculation regarding carter, is because his family lives here...this is where he's from, and with the nucleus of players here, it is believe that he is seriously considering the team...BUT why not a rashard lewis?? hes a lights out shooter, great scorer, free agent after this year, and hes young...A WHOLE lot younger than VC...put him with dwight, you have an un stoppable inside-outside game...i think he would be THE best fit for the magic...

and chauncey billups?? he too can spread the floor for howard, and give the magic the TRUE PG that theyve needed, and gives us a great closer...

i would say that VC goes right here...3rd on the list of the best FA's out there in terms of the Magic...

overall, i say lets get rashard lewis...if otis is smart, he will...

Hidden talent O-dub, if we dont sign Carter, where will we be next year, I think you guys seriously over estimate the talent on this team, we are at this point in time a lottery team that is for some odd reason going to get into the playoffs.

Here's my $.02.

Dub, we all know that you don't want Vince here, but who cares. That's how you feel and no one is going to knock on you for that. You don't want him here, cool. If he does come here then I'd assume you cheer for him like every other Magic player. If he doesn't, o-well, we move on and cheer for the guys in white & blue. The reason why most of us keep up with Vince this year is because there is a good chance he can end up with the Magic next season. If there was no chance, then he wouldn't be mentioned on this board.

As far as him and his flop, that's what he's supposed to do. He had to help his team win the game. He's not entitled to the Magic...YET ;-) I too, hate when ALL players flop vs. Us but that doesn't mean it's personal. They're doing what they gotta do to give their team the advantage. Yeah, it almost lost us the game, but so have MANY other calls/no calls. I personally wish we had a few "floppers" on this team. When in Rome....

Now, 31. I think Vince coming here will help EVERYONE evolve their game. Just like Iverson's shots went down once he joined the Nuggets because he knew it was Melo's team, I think that will happen IF we get Vince. The reason why he shoots so much now is because NJ is HIS team and they RELY on his scoring. He scores that much and still gets 6-8 assists per game; more than ANY of our PGs. If he comes here, defenses will worry about him, leaving both Dwight AND Darko more free. Vince will not only CREATE open shots for everyone and take pressure off the them, unlike our POINT GUARDS, but also carry the load when we go through our usual scoring droute.

As far as JJ. His PT won't dimish. IMO, with Vince here, JJ will still be the #2 SG in the rotation (of course this is only possible w/o Grant Hill on team). And, JJ would get more PT with Vince on the floor (VC playing SF). Having a player of Vince's caliber only helps a team and allows it to do more offensively.

I want Vince here more than anyone, but only because he will be the most realistic option for us at the SG position in FA. I would much rather get JRich or Chauncey but we'd have to give up the farm for them (meaning valuable players). Vince, if he opts out and the price is right, we can sign him WITHOUT losing anyone. If we did trade anyone, it would only be clear more capspace and the numerous logjams we have. If we got rid of Turk, I'd be all for GWallace. Wallace is a slasher and we have enough of those. Yes his defense is phenominal, but Vince's offensive game is what this team needs.

I also, don't think Vince will get $20M from anyone. Any team to do so, would be outright CRAZY. IMO, his asking price is just a smokescreen.

Someone mentioned having our own version of Shaq & Kobe in Dwight and Vince; imagine having Shaq, Kobe, AND Bosh on the same team.

id love that, Nyce, but theres one problem...

if things go as they are expected to, we cannot sign darko and VC...

obviously, id rather have VC, because,Imo, darko will NEVER play like the #2 pick he was...id just assume get our carter, and then get a solid big man, who will have a lot lower asking price than darko...

but we all know, id rather have Rashard Lewis than VC...(see above)...

I can almost Guarantee that Grant Hill will be back next year. He himself admitted that he felt bad that the Magic gave him so much money, only to have him get into an accident and not play. The only team that I know of that would want him is Boston, and that is only a rumor. And if BHill does come back, which he will, then JJ might as well kiss the court good bye cause he won't be stepping on it anytime soon. But there is no way around that. Even if we got GWall or Lewis then JJ will still be sailing the same boat. My only problem with VC is that he is no Lebron James so why would this team be paying him that kind of money.

However, a big part of me does want VC to come to Orlando, so that Darko won't have to deal with BHill next year.

IF VINCE CARTER WERE TO EVER COME TO THIS TEAM, I WOULDN'T HOLD THE GRUDGE ANYMORE JUST LIKE I SAID BEFORE. SO IF HE COMES, HE'S GOT MY VOTE OF CONFIDENCE.......