Sign in to follow this  
EnFuego

The Strange Case of Keith Bogans

I know Keith doesn't have a contituency on these boards and it's not like he was one of my favorite players, but Brian has exiled this guy to Siberia.

He still leads the team in 3 point shooting and his defence was not bad. But after averaging over 22 minutes a game for over 50 games. He no longer plays for us.

Does anyone remember a player banished the way he has been? I mean, not because of injury or trade. Not because he was slumping (not that he was a pilar of consistency or excellence). He was not involved in an off court incident as far as I know. Just banished.

I'm not writing this because I think he's the missing link or anything. It's just that it adds to a season of confusion.

I know Keith doesn't have a contituency on these boards and it's not like he was one of my favorite players, but Brian has exiled this guy to Siberia.

He still leads the team in 3 point shooting and his defence was not bad. But after averaging over 22 minutes a game for over 50 games. He no longer plays for us.

Does anyone remember a player banished the way he has been? I mean, not because of injury or trade. Not because he was slumping (not that he was a pilar of consistency or excellence). He was not involved in an off court incident as far as I know. Just banished.

I'm not writing this because I think he's the missing link or anything. It's just that it adds to a season of confusion.

Bogans was brought into the team as a back-up, incase Grant couldn't go this year. Grant has been healthy so far; therefore, no need to Kebo. Sucks but that's the nature of the game.

He should also try passing more when on the court. IMO, when he was in the game, he was looking for his shot, and his shot only.

Developing a wide ranging game is for the best of all of the Magic players.

I think that if you have 12 PROFESSIONALS in your team, and who are supposed to be some of "the few and the proud" that make the NBA cut, they ALL should be playing!

But that would contradict the Pistons' phylosophy, so I don't know what I am saying anymore!

AHRGGHH! Brian Hill is in my brain! HELP!!!!!! Need... lobotomy... now... aahhrrghh!!!

Almost every NBA team uses a 8 or 9 man rotation.

This is one of the most silly reasons I've seen the bash Brian Hill.

I think the best reason to bash him is for not setting his rotation earlier in the season.. that being said, I do feel bad for the guy (Bogans). There's still a chance Dooling and/or Grant doesn't play for the Magic next season, which would free up time for Bogans.. hopefully he keeps his head up, the Magic may still need him.

Besides, he's still in a better situation here than he was in Charlotte.

Bogans was the hero in many games earlier in the season. I see no reason for him to be out of the rotation. It's ridiculous. He was a great pickup.

I contend that Bogans was involved in an alercation with B Hill that the fans weren't made aware of. A hard working player like Bogans doesn't just find his way to the nd of the bench. He was playing relatively well and always provided maximium effort. There was the one game a few weeks ago where he and Brian exchanged heated words when Bogans was pulled from a game. I wonder if it leaked over into practice but wasn't leaked by the press?

quote:
Bogans was the hero in many games earlier in the season. I see no reason for him to be out of the rotation. It's ridiculous. He was a great pickup.

I always wonder why he just fell out of the rotation. Because Hill is healthy doesn't mean he does not deserve playing time. Sorry he was in the rotation with Hill healthy which makes no sense to me. He has excellent D when Ariza was injured he picked up the slack. Plus he has a strong work ethic and it showed. I don't recall him being capable of draining 3's in his game until this year. There must be conflict between him and B.Hill. Its a shame such a good player is just rotting on the bench. I totally understand why Pat is our cheerleader but Bogans there is no excuse. Once Napoleon is gone more then 75% of our problems would be miraculously gone.

Personally, I really liked Bogans as our starting or backup SG. He was a very hard worker who was capable of hitting three's when left open, as well as occasionally taking it in. We just have far too many guards, and that may have affected the situation.

Does anyone remember when B. Hill said that he put in the players "that thought would win us the game". I also think that something may have occurred with him and the coach.