Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Yet another shot at the Magic...Shocking...

quote:
8. A tree will fall in Toronto and no one will hear it. Will that tree be Chris Bosh or Orlando's Dwight Howard? It almost doesn't matter. Magic-Raptors will get the lowest TV ratings of all playoff series, and neither team is good enough to survive more than one round.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/sn/20080417/sp_sn/thelistnbapla...4mkD.h4to2wdqrS79LQF

yikes...thats pretty harsh...

cant wait till we prove them wrong!

quote:
8. A tree will fall in Toronto and no one will hear it. Will that tree be Chris Bosh or Orlando's Dwight Howard? It almost doesn't matter. Magic-Raptors will get the lowest TV ratings of all playoff series, and neither team is good enough to survive more than one round.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/sn/20080417/sp_sn/thelistnbapla...4mkD.h4to2wdqrS79LQF

yikes...thats pretty harsh...

cant wait till we prove them wrong!

Cold, but it will probably be true and while I think the national media is overlooking Orlando, the franchise has yet to prove itself as a solid team in the post-shaq era, but a convincing series agaisnt the Raptors will go a long way in changing the nation's perception.

quote:
Originally posted by b2theizzo:

Cold, but it will probably be true and while I think the national media is overlooking Orlando, the franchise has yet to prove itself as a solid team in the post-shaq era, but a convincing series agaisnt the Raptors will go a long way in changing the nation's perception.

Exactly..the Magic haven't proved anything in the playoffs for an extended period of time. We'll wait till the time arives.

The media will continue to take shots at Orlando Magic until they annihilate every team obstructing their path to gold. I'll wait for that time and see to it that the media eat there articles in a single gulp.

It might be harsh, but it's a pretty fair assessment. There are a lot of valid reasons this sentiment is resonating among analysts around the league.

It's up to this team to change the perception. I don't know why fans expect the media to annoint us as something we've yet to prove we are.

The same negatives were bestowed upon Toronto last year and their season ended rather predictably. Respect is earned.

The lack of buzz around this team in it's own city speaks volumes imo. I have seats 7 rows behind the bench and I had to call 5 people just to give them away when I couldn't make it. If we had legit championship aspirations, somehow I doubt I would have had that much difficulty. It's not just a national perception!

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

It might be harsh, but it's a pretty fair assessment. There are a lot of valid reasons this sentiment is resonating among analysts around the league.

It's up to this team to change the perception. I don't know why fans expect the media to annoint us as something we've yet to prove we are.

The same negatives were bestowed upon Toronto last year and their season ended rather predictably. Respect is earned.

The lack of buzz around this team in it's own city speaks volumes imo. I have seats 7 rows behind the bench and I had to call 5 people just to give them away when I couldn't make it. If we had legit championship aspirations, somehow I doubt I would have had that much difficulty. It's not just a national perception!

OUCH..... Next time you got dem dare tickets give me a call. I'll gladly use them.....hehehe

the reason of these underrated comments of media about our Magic is that we haven't proved ourselves in the "real" league.I mean when we get to the second round things will be a bit different..I believe...we will...believe it guys.We will do it.

It probably stems from the fact Orlando is not a basketball city, or a large market. Still nothing excuses the Orlando crowd, I'm sorry to point that out. It wasa playoff game and you could hear a fly out there sometimes.

What's to expect from the crowd who booed Penny Hardaway of all players? That was a first and the guy has been gone for almost 10 years. Did they have a sign saying boo Penny?

Where's that Orlando crowd who used to go crazy in the mid-90s? The home support lifts a team tremendously. Lazy crowd is why they were so pedestrian at home this season.

quote:
Originally posted by JSicamore:

It probably stems from the fact Orlando is not a basketball city, or a large market. Still nothing excuses the Orlando crowd, I'm sorry to point that out. It wasa playoff game and you could hear a fly out there sometimes.

What's to expect from the crowd who booed Penny Hardaway of all players? That was a first and the guy has been gone for almost 10 years. Did they have a sign saying boo Penny?

Where's that Orlando crowd who used to go crazy in the mid-90s? The home support lifts a team tremendously. Lazy crowd is why they were so pedestrian at home this season.

What kind of ratings do you expect when most of our games will be on NBA-TV which most people can't find on their dials even if it is there.

I thought the crowd was pretty good. It wasn't a 7th game crowd, but then we pretty much had the game in hand the whole time. I thought we picked the team up a couple of times.

By the way, we have lost the last two times the Fat Guy ran around the court. I hope he doesn't have to do it again this year.

I don't see any problem with booing Penny. He trashed our coach, causing him to get dumped, and then left with a chip on his shoulder. He is really low on our Magic Hall of Fame. I would rather have seen Skiles play those years.

I can imagine neither Boston or Detroit would agree with that assessment and is not looking forward to facing the Magic.

Well, of course, Detroit would be worried about it if the media-beloved Pistons make it out of the FIRST round.

HAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAAA...eh...hmmm.