Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Issue W/The Big Sign

Nothing has been done yet and it looks more and more likely that Vince will retain his position as a Net. However, as its still alive, we still have reason to discuss. But what this is about doesn't just stem to that of Vince but a number of stars around the league. Your Ray Allens', Lebron James', Kobe' and co.

These are amazing players that possess amazing skills. A strong arsenal and a reliance to each team they represent. More often than not they perform and are regarded amongst the elite players in the NBA. They are worthy of the exposure they receive, in which I'm sure will continue.

On the issue of Vince in relation to the Magic I haven't been all that keen but I've brought myself to accept it if it were to happen. There are clear indications why such a player would fit in here, so why do I have an inkling of opinion against it.

Simple. Its a game that is played by 15 men. The acquisition of such a marquee player will bring us hope and take us on a path toward the desired destiny but what is the ratio on how many times this method has been tried only for it to fail and for Vince alone? For Vince to come here he will bring the reliance of which a star possesses, which is great, a showman. I'm sure he can live up to all expectation in regard to solving much discussed issues but how far can we go. The stage will be set and with him will be our shot but how far can we go? Do we spend up on hope?

My issues which are growing again by the minute are that with a signing of Vince there is a reliance. It will inflict in the players and it will be instilled in every fan and in so many cases it fails. Its a short ride to success and my belief is that the path we are currently taking with Otis is fine. This method has been tried and tested many a time and to what success. I have a firm belief in building a unit of skillful players and I think we're well on the path. I can believe in 15 men not one or two and I think its equally important for 15 men to believe in each other!

Nothing has been done yet and it looks more and more likely that Vince will retain his position as a Net. However, as its still alive, we still have reason to discuss. But what this is about doesn't just stem to that of Vince but a number of stars around the league. Your Ray Allens', Lebron James', Kobe' and co.

These are amazing players that possess amazing skills. A strong arsenal and a reliance to each team they represent. More often than not they perform and are regarded amongst the elite players in the NBA. They are worthy of the exposure they receive, in which I'm sure will continue.

On the issue of Vince in relation to the Magic I haven't been all that keen but I've brought myself to accept it if it were to happen. There are clear indications why such a player would fit in here, so why do I have an inkling of opinion against it.

Simple. Its a game that is played by 15 men. The acquisition of such a marquee player will bring us hope and take us on a path toward the desired destiny but what is the ratio on how many times this method has been tried only for it to fail and for Vince alone? For Vince to come here he will bring the reliance of which a star possesses, which is great, a showman. I'm sure he can live up to all expectation in regard to solving much discussed issues but how far can we go. The stage will be set and with him will be our shot but how far can we go? Do we spend up on hope?

My issues which are growing again by the minute are that with a signing of Vince there is a reliance. It will inflict in the players and it will be instilled in every fan and in so many cases it fails. Its a short ride to success and my belief is that the path we are currently taking with Otis is fine. This method has been tried and tested many a time and to what success. I have a firm belief in building a unit of skillful players and I think we're well on the path. I can believe in 15 men not one or two and I think its equally important for 15 men to believe in each other!

I'd rather have Billups (actual experience in winning stuff) or Rashard (real ability to spread the floor or drive, if need be) than Carter (hasn't really shown he can win much in this league, and while he can spread the floor, the cost would be huge).

Good post Nbr.

I think only time will tell what a player like VC will provide the Magic. He hasn't shown he can carry a team to the Finals like Iverson has, but then again, he will be playing for a team he supposedly "wants" to play for.

Personally, I hope we don't put all our eggs in the Vince basket and we focus on other important things in the offseason with as much vigor. Take care of our other 15 roster spots like you said.

1) Extend Dwight

2) Resign Darko

3) Fire Hill

4) Get Grant back at the Vet Minimum

5) Solidfy pg situation

All these things are as important if not more important than signing VC.

quote:
I can believe in 15 men not one or two and I think its equally important for 15 men to believe in each other!

When I said for 15 men to believe in each other that was in regard to success. I think that is vital. I think a reluctance to believe in two high profile players is not a direction.

As I've stated in other post, I have serious reservations that VC is the answer here in Orlando.

In terms of a debate over how to use the cap space, the Magic would definitely be better off signing one legitimate All-Star caliber player over attempting to round out their roster.

Maybe not next season, but definitely long term.

With the ability to exceed the cap in the NBA, the premium is on acquiring the very best talent possible, and filling in the holes down the line. Take a 2 year projection and ask yourself if this team would be better with 1 All-Star & 1 MLE exception in the next 2 years or 3 MLE caliber players?

With that said, the ultimate coup for the Magic would be to land an All-Star caliber player without paying a MAX contract. Detroit built their championship team this way by signing Ben Wallace & Chauncey Billups to 6-8M contracts. This route requires more vision. Is Gerald Wallace this type of playa?

quote:
1) Extend Dwight

2) Resign Darko

3) Fire Hill

4) Get Grant back at the Vet Minimum

5) Solidfy pg situation

Definitely, although it doesn't look like 3's gonna happen, and 5 should probably be given some priority. Without a good, consistent PG, this team will continue to have deficiencies..