Sign in to follow this  
Magic31

Brian Hill's Second Mutiny in O-Town?

quote:
At least according to ESPN The Magazine, I was spot on with my assessment last month that Brian Hill's act may be wearing thin in Orlando, though Magic GM Otis Smith would have you believe it's not true. From Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel:

Magic General Manager Otis Smith on Wednesday discredited an item in the recent issue of ESPN The Magazine that said players unanimously wanted Coach Brian Hill replaced and that Hill has a poor relationship with star Dwight Howard. "It's not true," Smith said. An item in a notes column next to writer Chris Broussard's "NBA Insider" read, "Despite Magic GM Otis Smith's vow to keep coach Brian Hill, the players are unanimous in wanting him gone. Hill's relationship with star Dwight Howard turned irrevocably sour, a source says, when the coach told his center not to be late for the Monday practice after All-Star Weekend."

It's Smith's job to paint a pretty picture of his team, so I'm going to take his assessment of the situation with a grain of salt. And when you look at what's going on with Orlando lately -- even the usually mild-mannered Grant Hill and steely (that works, right?) Darko Milicic have lashed out -- it's not exactly surprising that there might be dissension in the ranks.

The irony, of course, is that Brian Hill was brought back to Orlando as a way to fix past wrongs, when Penny Hardaway inspired a player mutiny back in 1997. Right about now, I'm thinking maybe it's not the players' fault.

As a fan of the Magic I really don't want Brian Hill around any longer. He is a virus to this team and he doesn't deserve to ruin another one of our seasons. Us fans have been saying, "Maybe next year" for a two few many years. I want him gone and a player mutiny would make my day. It would even make up for such a disappointing season.

http://magic.aolsportsblog.com/

Note to mods: you can move this thread to the Magic links section whenever you feel it's necessary. I just wanted the thread to get some traffic first.

quote:
At least according to ESPN The Magazine, I was spot on with my assessment last month that Brian Hill's act may be wearing thin in Orlando, though Magic GM Otis Smith would have you believe it's not true. From Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel:

Magic General Manager Otis Smith on Wednesday discredited an item in the recent issue of ESPN The Magazine that said players unanimously wanted Coach Brian Hill replaced and that Hill has a poor relationship with star Dwight Howard. "It's not true," Smith said. An item in a notes column next to writer Chris Broussard's "NBA Insider" read, "Despite Magic GM Otis Smith's vow to keep coach Brian Hill, the players are unanimous in wanting him gone. Hill's relationship with star Dwight Howard turned irrevocably sour, a source says, when the coach told his center not to be late for the Monday practice after All-Star Weekend."

It's Smith's job to paint a pretty picture of his team, so I'm going to take his assessment of the situation with a grain of salt. And when you look at what's going on with Orlando lately -- even the usually mild-mannered Grant Hill and steely (that works, right?) Darko Milicic have lashed out -- it's not exactly surprising that there might be dissension in the ranks.

The irony, of course, is that Brian Hill was brought back to Orlando as a way to fix past wrongs, when Penny Hardaway inspired a player mutiny back in 1997. Right about now, I'm thinking maybe it's not the players' fault.

As a fan of the Magic I really don't want Brian Hill around any longer. He is a virus to this team and he doesn't deserve to ruin another one of our seasons. Us fans have been saying, "Maybe next year" for a two few many years. I want him gone and a player mutiny would make my day. It would even make up for such a disappointing season.

http://magic.aolsportsblog.com/

Note to mods: you can move this thread to the Magic links section whenever you feel it's necessary. I just wanted the thread to get some traffic first.

Penny took a lot of bashing from the media and the fans. It looks like he was the good guy in all of this. If great guys like Dwight and Grant are turning against him then it has gotten really bad.

At this point, I'm abivalent. Even if B.Hill is fired (and on side note: could we at least get a coach who doesn't have the same last name as a player on the team?!), and is replaced by, say, God, it would still take time (a season at least) for the new coach to implement his playing style.

That would mean another year of pain, but if the end result is a better team, so be it. I mean, I've waited eighteen years: I can wait one more.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

That would mean another year of pain, but if the end result is a better team, so be it. I mean, I've waited eighteen years: I can wait one more.

That is not always the case, in fact just the opposite could occur depending upon the individual coach. Avery Johnson had a good transitional period, but no drop in results, Isiah Thomas, following the great job by Larry Brown is a good example, but the best example would be Mike Brown in Cleveland! I know, I know they have the Labron's, but again it take the coach selling his program, and his players buying into it!!! Rick Adelman would take us to the 2nd round at least, in his first year!!!!

I'm exausted about talking about Brian Hill and why Coach Hill shouldn't be here.

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

That is not always the case, in fact just the opposite could occur depending upon the individual coach. Avery Johnson had a good transitional period, but no drop in results, Isiah Thomas, following the great job by Larry Brown is a good example, but the best example would be Mike Brown in Cleveland! I know, I know they have the Labron's, but again it take the coach selling his program, and his players buying into it!!! Rick Adelman would take us to the 2nd round at least, in his first year!!!!

I agree. Having the summer would be crucial. Plus, I believe, as other's do, that Brian's coaching is restricting the play of many of his players and a good coach may liberate them to play their style and flourish.