Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

Bob Vander Weide has a Magic shrine with Howard and Arroyo.Lol!

quote:

At his personal business, VW Ventures, it is easy to see what line of work Vander Weide is in. There is a Magic shrine at the entry, complete with a Dwight Howard jersey and Carlos Arroyo bobblehead doll.

See Orlando Sentinel article by Andrea Andelson:

Bob Vander Weide keeps firm grip on Orlando Magic

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-vanderweide13...5465995.story?page=1

Is Carlos Arroyo one of Vander Weide's favorite Magic players? and if that is so, Is that the reason why Arroyo was not traded? Could the Magic PGs each have their own sponsor? Dooling-SVG, Nelson-Otis, Arroyo-Vander Weide?

Oh well perhaps I'm imagining too much, maybe having a Carlos Arroyo bobblehead doll in a Magic shrine at the entrance of Vander weide's personal business office means nothing.

quote:

At his personal business, VW Ventures, it is easy to see what line of work Vander Weide is in. There is a Magic shrine at the entry, complete with a Dwight Howard jersey and Carlos Arroyo bobblehead doll.

Is Carlos Arroyo one of Vander Weide's favorite Magic players? and if that is so, Is that the reason why Arroyo was not traded? Could the Magic PGs each have their own sponsor? Dooling-SVG, Nelson-Otis, Arroyo-Vander Weide?

Oh well perhaps I'm imagining too much, maybe having a Carlos Arroyo bobblehead doll in a Magic shrine at the entrance of Vander weide's personal business office means nothing.

quote:
h well perhaps I'm imagining too much, maybe having a Carlos Arroyo bobblehead doll in a Magic shrine at the entrance of Vander weide's personal business office means nothing.

Its probably because those were the only bobblhead dolls given to him. lol

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

quote:

Well I like the options of having all 3 PGs instead of 2 out of the 3 and some rookie PG that'll never see the light of day, so this gives me hope that both Dooling and Carlos will be shown the money come offseason.

Im pretty sure he likes Carlos for the same reason I like Carlos... He wears a MAGIC jersey! Why cant you get over the fact that this is a team and stop trying to highlight an individual based on the SOLE fact that he is from the same island as you

quote:
Originally posted by RoBo2002:

Im pretty sure he likes Carlos for the same reason I like Carlos... He wears a MAGIC jersey! Why cant you get over the fact that this is a team and stop trying to highlight an individual based on the SOLE fact that he is from the same island as you

Hey you should replace that shadow in your banner with Hedo, methinks. Or at least Pat Garrity. LOL! J/k on the Garrity part.

quote:

quote:

its an unquestionable fact that carlos and howard are money makers for the organization, yet when the time to make a decision to move Carlos, there were three votes, Vander,"No way", Otis, Please....., and Stan, "I am not sure". Now guess what happened? We are here at this point because Carlos did his thing when Jameer had his cooling off(not Dooling off) period, for whatever reasons you can think of. guess who willl have assured his job here next year with that decision? Otis or Stan?

Ibonedteribell wrote:

quote:

quote:

At his personal business, VW Ventures, it is easy to see what line of work Vander Weide is in. There is a Magic shrine at the entry, complete with a Dwight Howard jersey and Carlos Arroyo bobblehead doll. See Orlando Sentinel article by Andrea Andelson:

quote:
Posted by Ibonedteribell:

its an unquestionable fact that carlos and howard are money makers for the organization, yet when the time to make a decision to move Carlos, there were three votes, Vander,"No way", Otis, Please....., and Stan, "I am not sure". Now guess what happened? We are here at this point because Carlos did his thing when Jameer had his cooling off(not Dooling off) period, for whatever reasons you can think of. guess who willl have assured his job here next year with that decision? Otis or Stan?

Maybe you are right, by keeping Arroyo probably Otis kept his job for next year! Who knows for sure though?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I'm sure you guys are right. Either Stan or Otis will be fired over their handling of the 2nd/3rd string PG. Happens all the time in the NBA.

It makes complete sense to me. The Magic Organization is in a war to decide which 2 of the 3 point guards stay. The guy with the best scores on guitar hero decides it.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

I'm sure you guys are right. Either Stan or Otis will be fired over their handling of the 2nd/3rd string PG. Happens all the time in the NBA.

Do also you get headaches after reading this garbage Charisma?

Headaches? Not quite that bad. But fans of JJ and Carlos so overemphasize the impact of their favorite player to the management of the team. That's not what they are intending to do, but they just get really caught up and don't see that the Pine tree they are looking at kind of gets lost when you step back and look at the forest of Redwoods.

Hopefully the recent flare-up with the Hedo fans is smoothing back down again. But at least he is a critical part to this team, so that makes the adulation from his fans a lot more tolerable from a team fan perspective.