Sign in to follow this  
the Judge

do these boards reflect the ethno-centric nature of humans?

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Are you kidding me magicfirst?

Brian Hill would sit a player on the bench who could help him win (knowing that his *** is on the line this year if they don't make the playoffs) just because he is Puerto Rican? Thats absolutely absurd.

The best part about athletics is that race plays no part in the actual sport. Winning is the great equalizer. Any coach that wants to keep his job will put his best players out on the floor. We all hate BHill, but do you honestly think he TRIES to lose? It may seem that way at times but it is false. BHill wants to win, he just doesnt know how. And for you to imply that Hill would sacrifice winning to bench a player on purpose is simply ridiculous.

Were did you get that I said he would lose on purpose,Or that he would sit him because he is Puerto Rican?

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfirst:

quote:

Wow. I honestly can't believe we are dropping Uncle Tom references towards posters who are trying to have a meaningful conversation on a deep running problem on this board.

Please, giggi and magicfirst, no one has said anything on this thread to incite the kind of venom that is underlying your posts. This is a good thread idea by the Judge (who has proven as of now to be a level-headed post moderator) and there is no reason we can't discuss this in a civil manner.

Wow what did I post that was so venomous?

The fact that in every one of your posts you play the race card and claim that anti-latin(ism) is prevalent throughout the NBA.

Also, simply by stating that BHill is benching Arroyo because he is Puerto Rican with nothing but hearsay evidence drips with disdain and vitriol.

quote:
Were did you get that I said he would lose on purpose,Or that he would sit him because he is Puerto Rican?

quote:

It's not what I think is happening to Carlos,

it is what's happening.The Coach is white,Carlos is the only Puerto Rican on the team,We are losing,Carlos has helped us come back when we were down,and a struggling player is getting all the minutes.I don't see where you would have to read between the lines.It's clear.

Right here.

There is no other way to interpret this statement.

You think BHill is benching Arroyo because BHill is white, and Arroyo isn't. This implies that if Arroyo could help the team, it wouldnt matter because the white-supremacist Hill would'nt play him anyway. YOU obviously think Arroyo could help us win. BHill doesnt. However, YOU think Hill benches Arroyo due to a personal vendetta.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow. I honestly can't believe we are dropping Uncle Tom references towards posters who are trying to have a meaningful conversation on a deep running problem on this board.

Please, giggi and magicfirst, no one has said anything on this thread to incite the kind of venom that is underlying your posts. This is a good thread idea by the Judge (who has proven as of now to be a level-headed post moderator) and there is no reason we can't discuss this in a civil manner.

The fact that in every one of your posts you play the race card and claim that anti-latin(ism) is prevalent throughout the NBA.

Also, simply by stating that BHill is benching Arroyo because he is Puerto Rican with nothing but hearsay evidence drips with disdain and vitriol.

Be honest.Is it passed your bedtime.Nowhere do I say that I believe that Bhill is benching Arroyo because he is Puerto Rican,and also nowhere do I say that anti latin ism is rampant in the Nba.

quote:

Are you kidding me magicfirst?

Brian Hill would sit a player on the bench who could help him win (knowing that his *** is on the line this year if they don't make the playoffs) just because he is Puerto Rican? Thats absolutely absurd.

The best part about athletics is that race plays no part in the actual sport. Winning is the great equalizer. Any coach that wants to keep his job will put his best players out on the floor. We all hate BHill, but do you honestly think he TRIES to lose? It may seem that way at times but it is false. BHill wants to win, he just doesnt know how. And for you to imply that Hill would sacrifice winning to bench a player on purpose is simply ridiculous.

It is dishonest, to say the least, to make your own assumptions and conclusions regarding someone

quote:
Originally posted by giggi:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:
I like Carlos...

That is the biggest lie, considering your previous biterly yaping agains him, and barking at his fans.

quote:
At the beginning of this season, Carlos was playing great, and so was the rest of the team, as we stormed out to a 13-4 record with the best record in the league. Since then, we've been in a consistent slump. The blame can be spread to everyone, there are a lot of problems that need to be addressed in the offseason....

Classical retorics, bla, bla, bla, without being concrete on even one point.

quote:
I'd love to see Carlos break out of his funk and play like he did before, but I don't see it happening...

What a double talker...

quote:
Yes, Jameer has been just as bad, but there is such an unknown upside with Jameer. If he firgues it out, he has the talent to be a star.

quote:
You said it, man. We should give this ***** all the time he needs it to figure out that PG is supposed to PASS the darn ball! And now, after all that you said, am I, and rest of us, to believe that Jameer is not YOUR horse in this race? Stop pretending and be honest for once, like Arroyo fans are.

When I saw your post for the first time I said to myself...I'm NOT gonna ever talk to this sarcastic ^%$%. Forgive me, but I just couldn't resist any more. However, I will not carry any further conversation with you no matter what.

I'm glad you posted that. It shows your motives and how biased and unreasonable you are. Your attitude is exactly why this thread was made. You're part of the minority that ruins things for the fair minded Arroyo fans.

You say i'm lieing when I say I like Carlos. So I guess you know more about my feelings than myslef. I've never hated Carlos. I've said it many times, it's the crazy fringe of fans that I can't stand.

Something in your brain goes crazy when you see someone say something about Jameer that isn't 100% negative. I don't know how many times i've said he's been awful this year, and how many times I said I wanted Diener to play, but no matter how many times I say it, it doesn't resinate in your head.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Be honest.Is it passed your bedtime.Nowhere do I say that I believe that Bhill is benching Arroyo because he is Puerto Rican,and also nowhere do I say that anti latin ism is rampant in the Nba.

You're right, it is getting late. I guess I don't realize how much arguing with incompetent, racist, morons takes out of me. Yeah thats immature, I know, but I don't have the time to repost everything you said. Its already there for everyone to see. I'll let the people who read this thread decode what your ramblings really mean.

Maybe you'll learn you can't post whatever you want and not expect to be called on it, then just claim you never said it.

It really is the few who ruin it for the rest. Paranoid, racist Arroyo banner-wavers make the level headed ones look guilty by association.

Time for bed. I am done with this. Sorry Judge.

quote:

quote:

It's not what I think is happening to Carlos,

it is what's happening.The Coach is white,Carlos is the only Puerto Rican on the team,We are losing,Carlos has helped us come back when we were down,and a struggling player is getting all the minutes.I don't see where you would have to read between the lines.It's clear.

Right here.

There is no other way to interpret this statement.

You think BHill is benching Arroyo because BHill is white, and Arroyo isn't. This implies that if Arroyo could help the team, it wouldnt matter because the white-supremacist Hill would'nt play him anyway. YOU obviously think Arroyo could help us win. BHill doesnt. However, YOU think Hill benches Arroyo due to a personal vendetta.[/quote

]I don't know if you are really confused or just pretending so I am going to try to explain it again.I was saying to Kberto that if the situation was different then I probably would believe him,he said that he is a Diener and Reidick fan and that he doesn't feel that way.I said I would probably believe him if the situation was like the one I painted.I don't know where you make that Huge jump into believing I am stating what I believe that.That makes me question your intentions,but I don't know you just like you don't know me.So I wont try to guess for you OK.

quote:

Dont misquote me. You said the above statement.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You're right, it is getting late. I guess I don't realize how much arguing with incompetent, racist, morons takes out of me. Yeah thats immature, I know, but I don't have the time to repost everything you said. Its already there for everyone to see. I'll let the people who read this thread decode what your ramblings really mean.

Maybe you'll learn you can't post whatever you want and not expect to be called on it, then just claim you never said it.

It really is the few who ruin it for the rest. Paranoid, racist Arroyo banner-wavers make the level headed ones look guilty by association.

Time for bed. I am done with this. Sorry Judge.

Wow such venom,you are right it is there for everyone to see.Who just proved they are the imcompetent,racist,moron.Good night it's time for bedtime.

I agree with what you guys are saying (I was going to pull quotes, but it would take too long and essentially I agree on most all points).

I think we all have different reasons for being here and being fans of the Magic in the first place. I want to be a Magic fan and I want JJ to succeed here... I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed on that one. I think there's been a lot of turmoil this season, so I'm trying not to form my opinions on this team based on this one season.

As for the Arroyo fans here. I sympathize with them and admire their loyalty. However, I don't agree with throwing around accusations of racial prejudice unless you can back them up. I don't like Brian Hill and signed the FBH petition a month ago, but on a personal level, I would never assume he's benching any of the guys for those kinds of nefarious reasons. That would be illegal and repugnant and I don't think even Brian Hill should be vilified to that extent.

quote:
The Judge was asking a question in his post, I offered my opinion.

As did I - that that kind of mentality isn't productive. Got the point? It doesn't have to be Human nature. My opinion

quote:
I also added-

"It doesn't make any of this right, it's just an explanation for what is happening."

and that somehow changes the fact that in fact all you were offering up is an explanation and a rationalization for why Arroyo supporters routinely get mercilessly bashed on these forums with not a whiff of how Arroy fans view things? IF I write now that I am not criticizing you would that make it true? Reminds me of how people say "I don't want to get into your personal business " just before they do.

quote:
Sorry that this was not enough for you, but then what is? From your ivory tower you are chastising me for posting my opinion, and in the same thread chastising giggi for his opinion.

Don't be ridiculous and childish. Because I don't agree with you I have to agree with Giggi's tirade againt whites? Thats absurdly silly. His tirade does nothing to foster a solution that brings together both parties and neither does yours its perfectly consistent

quote:
My posts are my opinion not a license for people to beat each other up on this board. By your reasoning, I should have said that it's wrong to argue about Carlos and left it at that. I prefer to try and help people understand each other in a respectful manner

When mods steps into every anti Arroyo post with a defense of only one side how does that have anything to do with understanding Arroyo supporters in a respectful manner? If anything it only create more animosity. Isn't that the point? OF course people take their lead from moderators. Sorry but you are constantly running away from that fact.

quote:
Since you seem to have such a problem with pretty much every aspect of this board

Nope just the same group that isn't even a majority and at least half the time I get into it its when I am defending Arroyo supporters or someone whose getting cursed out and of course when I have to request that you follow the Forum terms of service.

quote:
Yes, that was sarcasm, and yes that was immature, yet another example you can feel free to point out about how childish I along with the other people on this board are.

No need to point it out. You've done that perfectly. Anyway I understand why the judge wants a dialogue and I am happy to see that others in this thread have taken a more reasonable dialogue than just venting reasons why Arroyo fans in essence ( no matter what the last line claim is) deserve what they get.