Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Play Diener

I wish Diener was our starter. He's a pass first guard that doesn't hesitate to make the extra pass or swing the ball. Also, his outside shooting spreads the floor, which would help eleviate some of Dwights double and triple teams.

Unfortunately, it's to late now to start him, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get about 7-8 mins a game to see if he can help. Arroyo fans always want to talk about how Carlos never gets a chance to prove himself. Diener is the definition of that. He got back up duties for a handful of games and was benched without even being notified.

It really sickens me how this orginization lets young talent rot. I would hate to see Diener leave in the offseason, but he deserves to be with a team that respsects his ablities on the court.

Nbr, what do you think of this starting lineup...

PG - Diener

SG - Redick

SF - Ariza

PF - Hedo

C - Howard

It would really punish teams for doubling Dwight!

PLAY DIENER PLAY DIENER PLAY DIENER

All us Dienerites are getting restless.

I don't think at this point reasons are needed at this point but I have two:

1. Jameer Nelson

2. Carlos Arroyo

we will see Diener again , may not be until next season, but we will - Arroyo will be gone (traded for draft rights) and if we pick up a wing scorer, the situation would call for a true PG like Diener and not a "gunner" like Nelson or CA... and no matter what people think about Nelson - he has a 100 percent better chance at staying than Arroyo.

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

we will see Diener again , may not be until next season, but we will - Arroyo will be gone (traded for draft rights) and if we pick up a wing scorer, the situation would call for a true PG like Diener and not a "gunner" like Nelson or CA... and no matter what people think about Nelson - he has a 100 percent better chance at staying than Arroyo.

I like the Wake Up Brian Hill, that's great!

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I wish Diener was our starter. He's a pass first guard that doesn't hesitate to make the extra pass or swing the ball. Also, his outside shooting spreads the floor, which would help eleviate some of Dwights double and triple teams.

Unfortunately, it's to late now to start him, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get about 7-8 mins a game to see if he can help. Arroyo fans always want to talk about how Carlos never gets a chance to prove himself. Diener is the definition of that. He got back up duties for a handful of games and was benched without even being notified.

It really sickens me how this orginization lets young talent rot. I would hate to see Diener leave in the offseason, but he deserves to be with a team that respsects his ablities on the court.

Dude, You always have to bring Carlos and his fans! I tell you what... I am going to help you here a little bit. I got really sad when read your heart breaking post. TD is averaging 3.8 points in 11 mpg. If we use him as you sugget 7 to 8 min, statistically he should be contributing with maybe around 2 points per game. As you can see not enough. Now, let's stop crying and lets talk about the real issues this franchise has

( Howards Turn overs, Jameer's debalce, and so on...)

People like you always complain that Jameer isn't a real pg and he takes to many shots and that we don't need him doing that. So when someone like me suggests we play a guy that looks to pass first and shoot second you still have a problem because you want ARROYO to play all 48 mins.

Not to mention the people that expect our PG to average 30+ ppg. I would not care if our PG ever got points as long as he was creating plays for his teammates. I have posted it before and I will compile it and post it again, Travis has a much better assist-turnover ratio than the other 2. IMO that is more tell tale than points.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

People like you always complain that Jameer isn't a real pg and he takes to many shots and that we don't need him doing that. So when someone like me suggests we play a guy that looks to pass first and shoot second you still have a problem because you want ARROYO to play all 48 mins.

Again, Let's talk real issues...

That is the issue. Jameer Nelson and Carlos Arroyo have the same mentality, and it doesn't work. So what's wrong with bringing in a guy that is the opposite of them both?

You can't have it both ways. Either you like the way Jameer runs the point or you don't. If you don't you shouldn't be so adamant about playing Diener.