Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Magic's Howard & Milicic to be Disciplined by NBA? (Denton blog)

quote:
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:57 am Post subject: MAGIC'S HOWARD, MILICIC TO BE DISCIPLINED BY NBA?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be interesting to see if the NBA hands down disciplinary action today or tomorrow for Orlando Magic centers Dwight Howard and Darko Milicic following their frustration-filled rants in Wednesday

quote:
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:57 am Post subject: MAGIC'S HOWARD, MILICIC TO BE DISCIPLINED BY NBA?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be interesting to see if the NBA hands down disciplinary action today or tomorrow for Orlando Magic centers Dwight Howard and Darko Milicic following their frustration-filled rants in Wednesday

Eh - he's young. Shaq turned the ball over loads his first, second, and third years, and he had the benefit of a few years of college to work the kinks out. Dwight's right in the mix: I'm sure he'll get better.

Watch those Olajuwan tapes, Dwight, and hit your free throws and they won't be able to foul you.

I am glad Dwight is facing considerable criticism. His turnovers and horrible ft % right now are killing this team. If he wants to be the pillar of a franchise, he needs to not only own his play but the play of his team. Stars shine when the pressure is on.... Dwight has faded. It is play-off time, and everything on the court matters at this point.

Spoken as a true fan (smile).

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I am glad Dwight is facing considerable criticism. His turnovers and horrible ft % right now are killing this team. If he wants to be the pillar of a franchise, he needs to not only own his play but the play of his team. Stars shine when the pressure is on.... Dwight has faded. It is play-off time, and everything on the court matters at this point.

Spoken as a true fan (smile).

I'm not even going to pick apart what you just said, it's not even worth it. Comments like that really anger me.

It must be difficult for Dwight to be facing double and triple teams night in and night out. It's even worse when he has no shooters around him. I really think this team could be dangerous if they played the shooters more often.

This is a radical starting lineup, but I think it would work...

PG - Diener

SG - Redick

SF - Ariza

PF - Turkoglu

C - Howard

Dwight is unstoppable when he's not facing double teams. If he had 3 dangerous shooters around him, teams would be screwed. They'd be forced to pick their poison -- Let Dwight dominate, and protect the 3-point line; or Double team Dwight, and give up loads of threes.

Of course, we'd be a liability on defense, but a lineup of Jameer, Grant, Hedo, Battie, and Howard has a weak defensive backcourt anyway.

Kberto, you are funny: "Your post makes me so mad ... but I won't say why."

Obviously, my last phrase pokes fun at myself, anyway.

Look, I don't care who we have on the court with Dwight. His pocket gets picked all of the time, his moves have become predictable, and he is remarkably inconsistent at the line.

Right now he is FAR from being a guy who can dominate a game. In 4th quarters, he is even an offensive liability. Hopefully, he will grow and learn a lot from his critics.

Dwight simply needs to dunk on a b*t*h if Dwights having problems.