Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Magic use J.J. to move up in Draft? (Schmitz blog)

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

otis is just a mouth piece for others. do you really thing anyone would give him the power to spend that kind of money or make the decision to get lewis or trade jj. he is just an advisor at best. jacklj

Jack, we have always been in agreement on the need of a PG, but I partially disagree with you here.

Sign Lewis? Yeah, you bet he had to get permission from the owner to spend that kind of money.

Trade JJ? This has nothing to do with the owner's money, so Otis will have free hand to make this move. JJ is way too small of a piece to this organization's puzzle to warrant bothering the owner with.

It's the equivlent of comparing an HR department needing to get Board approval to bring in a new Senior Vice President, but the Board could care less who the new assembly line worker is.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

otis is just a mouth piece for others. do you really thing anyone would give him the power to spend that kind of money or make the decision to get lewis or trade jj. he is just an advisor at best. jacklj

Jack, we have always been in agreement on the need of a PG, but I partially disagree with you here.

Sign Lewis? Yeah, you bet he had to get permission from the owner to spend that kind of money.

Trade JJ? This has nothing to do with the owner's money, so Otis will have free hand to make this move. JJ is way too small of a piece to this organization's puzzle to warrant bothering the owner with.

It's the equivlent of comparing an HR department needing to get Board approval to bring in a new Senior Vice President, but the Board could care less who the new assembly line worker is.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Charisma!? LOL

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Charisma!? LOL

LOL!! Wait a minute !! My point wasn't to bash JJ, but only to point out that an owner is going to be involved in a situation that has such an obvious affect on both the quality of the product (bringing in a star-caliber player - many will debate if that's what Lewis is, but that has to be the assumption since he was given a max contract) and the bottom line of the business.

JJ's contract is a pittance compared to Rashard, plus he doesn't play, thus he doesn't impact the quality of the product.

Quit trying to get me into MORE trouble !!!

6 million dollars probably needs the owners approval. A very weak comparison and point made. Now you are just making a large assumption. But it is your opinion and I respect that even though it is a weak arguement.

i am sure with any magic player there will be discussions at the top and the final decision will never be otis. contrary to what some might think, jj is very popular with the fans and brings money to the bottom line whether he plays or not, so a decision goes deeper that playing. i think at some point this summer he will be traded and i hope it happens. it appears he doesnt get along with svg and i thing other players are fed up with or jelious of the attention he gets. its time for him and the magic to move on. evans plays very hard most nights and has been a big surprise. if it were me i would trade jj, bogans, and others for a big time pg. jacklj

When JJ leaves there won't be as many follow him as some of you seem to think.

Besides, who will be the next message board whipping boy??? That overpaid PG gets my vote.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

When JJ leaves there won't be as many follow him as some of you seem to think.

Besides, who will be the next message board whipping boy??? That overpaid PG gets my vote.

Let's see, last season it was Carlos (Carlos will be gone after this season so that eliminates one for next season) and then it was Brian Hill, and I think Grant Hill took his turn, and Hedo was in there with his blue flu. It depends upon what day of the week it is and which way the wind is blowing as to who might get tarred and feathered. JJ has been the poster boy for the Magic's woes this season even though he miraculously loses the games they lose for them from the bench for which he rarely leaves except to congratulate those who did play for losing the games by failing to show up to play. And SVG wonders why the Magic get no respect? Go figure.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicWinMagicWin:

Otis is the GM. HE makes the basketball personnel decisions. What the hell are you even talking about. God just CUT JJ so his fan base will go with him.

I am part of JJ's fan base. I personally would rather see several of the other players leave before JJ.

Don't underestimate how many people would like to see JJ get a fair shot on the court. Do you really think the thousands of people in the stands are all JJ fans first, and Magic fans second. I look around me and see a lot of people that have been in the stands with me cheering for JJ to get that chance.

So you pray to God that I will go away if you want. But guess what, I am not going anywhere.

If you want to be sick of me and others like me, go right ahead. It is your right.

I hope you get sick of me, because it makes me happy. I have been a big Magic fan for 17 years, and will be for the next 17 years, God willing. So just grab your barf bag and take a front row seat. Because if you can't accept that others have opinions that differ from yours your will have a lot of sickness in your life.

Spend your life being sick of people that disagree with you and you will need to start buying barf bags from Costco.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicWinMagicWin:

No not the people at the games, They PAY to see the TEAM play, just some of the people on this WEBSITE who cant see the truth about their idol JJ.

Then why are you here in this thread? If we make you sick, then go away. I pay to see the team play and I post here. Do you think because we post about JJ here that we can't afford to go to the games? So just what is your point?