Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Howard stunned by Garnett's remarks

His teams have been awful in a very good western conference. Could Dwight carry the Timberwolves to the playoffs? I don't think he could even in a couple of years. Put Garnett with another superstar and they would be instant contenders. How many superstars are in the league that could win it all by themselves? I can't think of any.

I really don't see why or how Dwight was stunned at the comments? If KG is his "idol", he should be glad that he's receiving genuine advice about how to improve his game and survive in this league. KG didn't say anything that the nation doesn't already know; Dwight has a limited offensive arsenal. I hope Dwight HEARD him and works on his game this summer. I just hope "That Coach" also heard KG's words of wisdom.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

KG then went on the say;

" he needs to settle for jumpshots the way me and C Webb have learned to do. They may not be the best shot early in the clock, but hey, we dont turn the ball over as much."

Did KG really say that??

Man, I really don't agree with that. KG's offense is based from his jumpshot. That works out well for him, but I don't think Howard can model himself after that part of his game.

I agree, yes, Howard should expand his offensive game. Add a jumpshot?? Great. But 'SETTLING for jumpshots'?? I want Howard to add the jumpshot, but to have his offense geared towards that like KG, I really don't think that would work.

Can anyone see Howard getting his jumpshot up to par to KG's?? KG has a superb jumpshot, so while he is Howard's idol and its great he tries to model himself after him, keep it to KG's other good aspects, DON'T model your offense after him.

Then again, I could always be wrong.

-Charlius-

quote:
Originally posted by Charlius:

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

KG then went on the say;

" he needs to settle for jumpshots the way me and C Webb have learned to do. They may not be the best shot early in the clock, but hey, we dont turn the ball over as much."

Did KG really say that??

Man, I really don't agree with that. KG's offense is based from his jumpshot. That works out well for him, but I don't think Howard can model himself after that part of his game.

I agree, yes, Howard should expand his offensive game. Add a jumpshot?? Great. But 'SETTLING for jumpshots'?? I want Howard to add the jumpshot, but to have his offense geared towards that like KG, I really don't think that would work.

Can anyone see Howard getting his jumpshot up to par to KG's?? KG has a superb jumpshot, so while he is Howard's idol and its great he tries to model himself after him, keep it to KG's other good aspects, DON'T model your offense after him.

Then again, I could always be wrong.

-Charlius-

Sorry Charlie, KG did not say that, lol. That was DJMase's attempt at sarcasm. Good effort though.

I'm glad KG said something. I think Dwight needed to hear some real constructive criticism and if the ESPN piece is right, he's already tuning out his coach. Which one of his teammates is going to step up and say anything to him? None of them. So I'm glad that his childhood idol is calling him out. He might not like it... but he'll listen.

KG did us a huge favor!! With him being a role model for Dwight, he will take those comments to heart. The truth is he hasn't adapted to the way people are defending him and his free throw shooting is horrendous. He needed someone to open his eyes and focus him on working hard and getting better. He really needs to work on his offense if he wants to get close to KG's level. I think Dwight has the potential to be the best player in the league, but he needs to work hard to get there. Thank you KG, I hope Dwight works hard and you better bring your A-Game next time you see D12 because I have a feeling he will be ready.