Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Pat Garrity Appreciation Thread

quote:
Originally posted by Doa:

He had 5 total 3 pointers until this game and he was 3-6 beyond the arc today.

It is kinda amazing. This guy got only garbage-minutes for a big part of the season. But then when the team needs him he can still come in and contribute. Props to Pat!

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

i gotta give it to him...

ill go buy him his Subway Sub and ill even give him my free donut...

i don't think he needs the donut.....

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I hate Garrity with a passion. I won't be happy until I can go to the fair and order Garrity on a stick with some fresh squeezed lemonade...

I know you do, Killing. But he made a "BIG" contribution today.

Come on now, you gotta give props to a guy when he deserves it. Whether you like him or not.

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

do you hate the 13 points he scored which enabled our win??

F Yes! I would rather lose! It feels like this organization has been rick rolling me for 7 years every time I see his goofy azz take the floor...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

do you hate the 13 points he scored which enabled our win??

F Yes! I would rather lose! It feels like this organization has been rick rolling me for 7 years every time I see his goofy azz take the floor...

wow, losing on account of Garrity is weak. I came close during the Brian Hill years but never crossed to the dark side. I have always believed the TurnerGarrity curse is socond only to the Brian Hill curse in infamy for this franchise, but he had his best game in years and helped us win.

I don't fear, like before, that a good Game by Garrity could only mean extended minutes for months, we're in good hands. Relax Killing, it's all good.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

I hate Garrity with a passion. I won't be happy until I can go to the fair and order Garrity on a stick with some fresh squeezed lemonade...

I know you do, Killing. But he made a "BIG" contribution today.

Come on now, you gotta give props to a guy when he deserves it. Whether you like him or not.

thats what i do...as a basketball player, i hate Pat with a passion too (see my screen name)...cuz 9 out of 10 games (in this portion of his career) he just stanks the place up...but when he does play well, i give him his due...

but on a side note, i do NOT hate Pat the person...hes a great human being who is nice to the fans and great to the community...IMO, there is a fine line between human and athlete...and ill take a good person over a good athlete any day of the week...

A player who gives everything for your ball club isn't deserving of ridicule.

I'm taking that thought with me when I write about Garrity. Not the most wonderful of talents, but he gives us a little something every time.

I applaud and thank the man.