Sign in to follow this  
Live or Die Magic

Hollinger - Career NBA Records - Howard mentioned

I'm not going to post any of this article in here, but basically it is another of ESPN's and Hollinger's convoluted formulas for determining if any current NBA players have a shot at breaking the all-time marks.

Dwight Howard is mentioned at having a shot at the career record for personal fouls, missed free throws, turnovers, and finally a good one: defensive rebounds.

Rashard Lewis also has the second best shot at the career 3-pointers record.

Check it out, it's an interesting read:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...ght%26lid%3dtab1pos1

I'm not going to post any of this article in here, but basically it is another of ESPN's and Hollinger's convoluted formulas for determining if any current NBA players have a shot at breaking the all-time marks.

Dwight Howard is mentioned at having a shot at the career record for personal fouls, missed free throws, turnovers, and finally a good one: defensive rebounds.

Rashard Lewis also has the second best shot at the career 3-pointers record.

Check it out, it's an interesting read:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?co...ght%26lid%3dtab1pos1

His method is pretty silly. According to his stat, Dwight will only play at a high level for another 9 years? Then what? He just stops playing?

The whole issue with most of those players that set those records were that they had incredible longevity. Karl Malone won an MVP at 35. God, Hollinger loves math way too much.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

His method is pretty silly. According to his stat, Dwight will only play at a high level for another 9 years? Then what? He just stops playing?

The whole issue with most of those players that set those records were that they had incredible longevity. Karl Malone won an MVP at 35. God, Hollinger loves math way too much.

The guy is a tool. I bet he likes online comic strips about Math too.

quote:

Look at it as a big picture... as Dwight continues to grow, his chances will increase. Imagine him playing at just the level he is playing at right now. As he gets older, his 'shelf life' will expand and his chances will increase significantly. It's not a slight on Dwight, it's taking into account the average playing life of NBA players.

I had the same intial reaction to this that you had, but once I thought about it for a while, a new perspective set in place.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

how_it_works.png

quote:

quote:

quote:

how_it_works.png

lol... that's actually pretty funny.

quote:

quote:

I notice you make some intellectual comments in a regular basis, Mr. Tool.