Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Another Great Team Not Getting Attention?

quote:
Orlando IS a big city. In fact..tourist capital of the world. Still don't get any hype. San Antonio is probably the 7th biggest city in this country...still no hype.

Yea but in terms of population and television's they are very small markets for the sports world.

Yeah, why wouldn't the Spurs be getting all the attention in the West? I mean, they've won 11 of 12! That's really good! They should be getting all the focus! After all, it's not like there's some other team in the same state that's won 19 in a row or anything, taking all the attention.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

The Hornets are another team getting similar treatment as the Magic.

Everyone talks about their star player (CP3), but no one talks about them being any sort of threat in the playoffs.

Everyone talks about our star player (D12), but no one talks about us being any sort of threat in the playoffs.

At least our conference only has 1 quality team that truly is being ignored (us), while the West has 4 (Spurs, Jazz, Hornets and Rockets).

Even I will choose not to consider the Nuggets in this conversation, as I don't think they have any better chance of getting to the Finals than the New Jersey Nets.

You cant be serious about the rockets not getting attention and respect. Yesterday on SC they had a long long segment about them and their streek. Pluss a highlight of all there guys even Raper Alston!

Haha, you wanna hear something even more disgusting. I forget who, but on some channel, some guy said that Rafer Alston has it over Chris Paul at Point Guard just b/c 'his' team is the one winning more. So looks like Houston's gonna win it all this year apparently.

-Charlius-

On the Suns: I think what they were thinking was that their style of play was great for the regular season, but they were getting shut down in the post-season. The irony lies in the fact that, by changing to a post-season style, they might not make the post-season.

The Spurs are always overlooked because they're such a solid team that doesn't make mistakes. They're a lot like the Patriots of the NFL - boring to watch, but they'll usually win.

I like the comparison to the Jazz: I think that's a good analogy in a lot of different ways.