Sign in to follow this  
dhowardmagic12

A bit of analysis and frustration from a new member

quote:
Originally posted by dhowardmagic12:

Warning: This is a long post from a frustrated reader of this forum. I apologize for this essay. Moderators, feel free to lock this post if it

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it... Isn't basketball for entertainment?

Why do we sometimes suffer that much for a basketball team?

With that said, I'm not a long-time-ups-and-downs-rain-and-sun Magic fan, as obvious, but I'm pretty glad this team is emerging as an important and successful team.

I think many negative posts may come as people get anxious. So many frustrating years may lead people to feel the need to ensure this team is successful for the regular season and the playoffs for many years to come. If they feel the coach or GM is missing something that may lead the team to its past condition, they may get anxious and frustrated.

Welcome, and remember, fans are fans and we should be treated as equal as long as we.... behave icon_wink.gif

PD There are Jameer fans around too.

It is nice to see the Magic finally put on a consistent winning product, something we have not seen since the Shaq days. I think the majority of posters and readers are ecstatic about the team, but when you look out West and look to the top of the Eastern conference, I think many also wonder if the Magic are good enough. You pointed out a .500 record against teams over .500. That won't get you very far in the playoffs.

Good post overall, just remember alot of frustations over the Magic's current decisions are a result of many failures and we all know it started with letting Shaq go and got worse from there. So a lot including myself are a little trigger happy to scrutinize a Magic move.

The Magic are playoff bound, I will be there, will you?

Welcome to the Board, dhowardmagic12.

The winning is great, especially after a lot of years of lackluster play and records.

That heart and hustle team is one of my favorites too. And with good reason. That team included Ben Wallace, Corey Maggette, Daryl Armstrong, Pat Garrity, Abdul-Wahad, Doleac, Bo Outlaw, and Amechi. They played hard and overachieved. Rivers made coach of the year in his first year.

We even had Billups that year, but they never played him. We would have been wise to keep a couple of those guys.

After that we entered the McGrady era and everything went to hell in a handbasket.

I see glimpses of the kind of swarming defense we used to play in those days. I have a lot of confidence that this team developing into something special. Warts and all. When we play hard twe are near unstoppable. And SVG seems to be able to get them to play hard most of the time.

Welcome again. I love seeing Magic jerseys in other arenas.