Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

JJ Not Here For Long - Redick Bides Time On Bench For Magic (Central Florida News 13)

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by Undisputed4:

Most guys know it is a business and that JJ has to do his own thing. He isnt getting more playing time by complaining so its not hurting anyone on the team.

So JJ being selfish isn't hurting the team?

Haha, I guess wanting to play and help the team win is being selfish.

No I would say undermining your coach, and your GM is being selfish and harmful to the team, we dont need a guy creating rifts with management and the coach. Wait til June to say you want to leave not March with the playoffs so close, that is putting yourself before the team, and that my friend is selfish.

Are you in the locker room every day? Can you tell me for a fact that there's a rift between the player and his coach and gm? Can you tell me there's any animosity? Do we really know what their relationshp is like?

And there's no way the team hates JJ because he wants to play. Trust me, guys like Keith Bogans, who have gone through the same struggles, don't get angry when someone that's in a simlilar situation gets upset.

So you are saying that it is alright for a guy to go to the media when he is not getting his way and basically say that his heart isnt with this team?

That is bogue, but werent you folks in Detroit banging on Darko for doing the same thing?

No, he probably shouldn't say anything, but I don't go crazy when he does. If the plan was not to play him, he should of been traded. Very simple.

quote:

quote:

Most guys know it is a business and that JJ has to do his own thing. He isnt getting more playing time by complaining so its not hurting anyone on the team.

I dont believe he is being selfish. He is a porfessional basketball player and he wants to play. He understands he isnt going to play here so he asked for a trade.

I want everyone to see a difference here. JJ has realized he doesnt fit in here. So he wants traded where he has and oppurtunity. Its not like he is saying well Keith and Keyon suck so I should be playing. He is saying he doesnt fit in. I doubt the guys really care what JJ is doing, its not like he is Ron Artest and campaigning for a trade. He doesnt play, he isnt disrupting anything on the court. Plus by all reports he is still working hard

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dont believe he is being selfish. He is a porfessional basketball player and he wants to play. He understands he isnt going to play here so he asked for a trade.

I want everyone to see a difference here. JJ has realized he doesnt fit in here. So he wants traded where he has and oppurtunity. Its not like he is saying well Keith and Keyon suck so I should be playing. He is saying he doesnt fit in. I doubt the guys really care what JJ is doing, its not like he is Ron Artest and campaigning for a trade. He doesnt play, he isnt disrupting anything on the court. Plus by all reports he is still working hard

Correct me if im wrong, but he said he is no longer working on making the rotation but rather finding a way out. Correct?

No you read it right. I dont think there is much of a difference between working towards the rotation and workign towards his future. The same things he needs to work on for his future (defense) are the same things for the rotation.

I personally took it as he was saying he accepted the fact the he wasnt getting in the rotation. Its not like he isnt run the plays or something if he does play

quote:

No you read it right. I dont think there is much of a difference between working towards the rotation and workign towards his future. The same things he needs to work on for his future (defense) are the same things for the rotation.

I personally took it as he was saying he accepted the fact the he wasnt getting in the rotation. Its not like he isnt run the plays or something if he does play

He hasnt gotten in the rotation because of his defense, so working on his defense would be working towards getting in the rotation.

quote:
Originally posted by KLR:

quote:

He hasnt gotten in the rotation because of his defense, so working on his defense would be working towards getting in the rotation.

Do you even read the quote? He said Stan told him he won't be in the rotation. You can't work to get in it when the decision has already been made.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do you even read the quote? He said Stan told him he won't be in the rotation. You can't work to get in it when the decision has already been made.

A desicion was made because he doesnt play defense, if he did he would be. If not this year then next.

quote:

quote:

Yea thats why I didnt read to much into it. The major reason he isnt playing is because of his defense and that would always be the main thing for him no matter who he is playing for.

I think he meant that he accepted that he wasnt going to get into the rotation no matter what he did. Thats the way i took it, you might of took it another way

Where ever JJ ends up weather it be on another team or resigned here in orlando, JJ should have a first of its kind cause in his contract.

Called the Zip-it Clause!

If he starts talking out like this then he gets suspended without pay and has to go room with some homosexual JJ man crush Faturnity at DUKE till his suspension is lifted!

Sorry JJ , i like you but your starting to supass crybaby Kobe now. Just be happy you went to colledge and you got a good high paying job your first year out, i bet you make more then all your college buddies do. And you dont even have to lift a finger at work. Hell ill take your job since you dont like it. ZIP-IT!

eh..just my .02

quote:

You guys hate him so much that you're unable to say anything positive about the guy. Every time he says something vessels burst in your brains and you go ape sh!t.

Similar to the way that if he gets in a game and hits a 3-pointer than we have 60 Duke fans pounding the boards the next day, asking why he's not on the all-star team?

Objectivity is a 2-way street.

If JJ fans don't want Magic fans on this board being overly critical, then don't act like he is being "cheated" and that the premier player in the league is left dangling at the end of the bench because of some ulterior motive that Otis or Stan are withholding from us.

It is what it is. He is not what they thought he was. And apparently there is not enough versatility in his game that will get him on the floor in given circumstances.

He can shoot very, very well; and has great range.

If not for that single skill, he would not have even played at a major college, yet somehow people think that this single skill should give him a red-carpeted runway to fame and glory in the best professional league in the world.

If it's important for him to be a superstar, I'm sure he could light it up in the European leagues.