Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

JJ Not Here For Long - Redick Bides Time On Bench For Magic (Central Florida News 13)

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I personally feel like JJ will insist on being traded this offseason. Are there any scenarios where JJ could be packaged along with our first round pick that would result in the Magic moving up substantially in the draft?

Or, have the Magic developed such a strong reputation for drafting poorly, that the selection of JJ Redick now has the same value as a 2nd round pick?

I wonder if we could package JJ and our pick and maybe a expiring for lets say Tyler Hansborough?

quote:
Originally posted by Undisputed4:

Most guys know it is a business and that JJ has to do his own thing. He isnt getting more playing time by complaining so its not hurting anyone on the team.

So JJ being selfish isn't hurting the team?

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

If you guys don't think he fits then why the fck is he here?

Because in 2006 Hedo was the only guy in our rotation that could hit from 3pt range on a consistant basis. JJ is more a victim of the other moves the team has made than anything else and until this team needs what he provides he will have to wait.

I don't understand what this accomplishes by saying he wants out. What leverage does he have? Will asking to be traded make it happen any faster? We aren't talking about Kobe here, we aren't talking about a guy that the team is using. We are talking about someone that is not contributing so I would imagine that as soon as a deal can be worked out to move him for someone we can use it will happen. Lowering your trade value is not going to speed that up any.

quote:

You guys hate him so much that you're unable to say anything positive about the guy. Every time he says something vessels burst in your brains and you go ape sh!t.

Why is it when people criticize Arroyo's play, or JJ's play, we are labeled negative and "bashing him". Yet everybody else on the team is fair game.

Give me a break. Who really is blind to reality here?

I criticize our players equally, the way any fan should. I also give them praise when they deserve it.

quote:

quote:

Most guys know it is a business and that JJ has to do his own thing. He isnt getting more playing time by complaining so its not hurting anyone on the team.

Haha, I guess wanting to play and help the team win is being selfish.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I wonder if we could package JJ and our pick and maybe a expiring for lets say Tyler Hansborough?

A Duke bust for a TarHeel baller. I like it. JK. I don't like either of those two college teams.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No I would say undermining your coach, and your GM is being selfish and harmful to the team, we dont need a guy creating rifts with management and the coach. Wait til June to say you want to leave not March with the playoffs so close, that is putting yourself before the team, and that my friend is selfish.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

You guys hate him so much that you're unable to say anything positive about the guy. Every time he says something vessels burst in your brains and you go ape sh!t.

Why is it when people criticize Arroyo's play, or JJ's play, we are labeled negative and "bashing him". Yet everybody else on the team is fair game.

Give me a break. Who really is blind to reality here?

What "play" are you speaking of exactly? Oh that's right, he doesn't play. You can't deny that many people bash JJ because they hate him and his fans.

I know better than anyone how that works. I constantly bashed Arroyo last year because I hated his devoted fans. When you do that you lose your objectivity towards that situation.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No I would say undermining your coach, and your GM is being selfish and harmful to the team, we dont need a guy creating rifts with management and the coach. Wait til June to say you want to leave not March with the playoffs so close, that is putting yourself before the team, and that my friend is selfish.

Are you in the locker room every day? Can you tell me for a fact that there's a rift between the player and his coach and gm? Can you tell me there's any animosity? Do we really know what their relationshp is like?

And there's no way the team hates JJ because he wants to play. Trust me, guys like Keith Bogans, who have gone through the same struggles, don't get angry when someone that's in a simlilar situation gets upset.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are you in the locker room every day? Can you tell me for a fact that there's a rift between the player and his coach and gm? Can you tell me there's any animosity? Do we really know what their relationshp is like?

And there's no way the team hates JJ because he wants to play. Trust me, guys like Keith Bogans, who have gone through the same struggles, don't get angry when someone that's in a simlilar situation gets upset.

So you are saying that it is alright for a guy to go to the media when he is not getting his way and basically say that his heart isnt with this team?

That is bogue, but werent you folks in Detroit banging on Darko for doing the same thing?

Good players want to learn. Primma Donnas think they know everything.