Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

JJ Not Here For Long - Redick Bides Time On Bench For Magic (Central Florida News 13)

It should be real clear to JJ why he isn't playing. He doesn't provide anything that the 2 guys in front of him can't do. It really is as simple as that. If by some miracle JJ was able to become a good defender then he would have a case but until that day comes he will have to bide his time.

I can't fathom that there is another team in the league that gets this much headlines from its 3rd string shooting guard. The idea that JJ even organized his own interview to voice his displeasure is mind blowing to me. The fact that he has the gall to say that his philosophies differ from SVG is infuriating.

I would love the idea of trading JJ for a decent big if there was a GM stupid enough to trade a big for a 3rd string one dimensional shooting guard.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I would love the idea of trading JJ for a decent big if there was a GM stupid enough to trade a big for a 3rd string one dimensional shooting guard.

Plus his constant *****ing will make him even less attractive to another GM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

Similar to the way that if he gets in a game and hits a 3-pointer than we have 60 Duke fans pounding the boards the next day, asking why he's not on the all-star team?

You want to point out those threads where 60 Duke fans pounded the board? I read this board every day and one thing never changes. The same people defend J.J. and the same people call him a bust. You do not get an influx of new Duke posters after J.J. hits a 3-pointer or has a decent game. Unlike you, they have better things to do.

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:
This team is currently 3rd in the Eastern Conference and playing very well without contributions from JJ Redick. What makes hime think the coach or GM should do anything diferent than they currently are? Should we take a few losses on the chin and give up home court advantage in the playoffs so we can fulfill JJ's request for playing time? Should we sacrifice the team's development for the sake of one player's development?

Agree 99.9%

J.J. needs to grow up. A lot of this is because of his frustration to play real minutes due to his desire to the game; earlier he said that he was suffering from depression somewhat BUT I do think he is whining more than he should. Honestly, he is on one of the best teams in the East and the NBA. He should embrace the fact that he has landed on a playoff competitor and he should keep working extremely hard for his spot next season. I know you can only push yourself so far, but JJ needs to just keep trying and be persistent. His time will come; a situation might present itself for him to play. If it doesn't this season/playoff, then he has next season. If J.J. is riding pine next season while working hard and being professional, then i do think he should get out of Orlando. But, for now, he should sit back and enjoy the success of the team.

It seems to me that Redick would be happier making $200,000 and playing vs making 2 million and sitting the bench.

I've never seen a NBA Player chose to go to another team and sit the bench just to win a championship. I don't think you feel apart of the team sitting the bench. I know I wouldn't. Look at Garnet and Allen they went to the Celtics to win a championship not to sit the bench. You think they would be happy if they were in Redicks shoes? WHAT I AM SAYING has nothing to do with how long you've been in the league or if you have proven yourself (I know some of you will bring this up) IT HAS TO DO with a player's competitiveness.

Comment Directed at JJ Critics.

I would not have said what JJ said. But my reaction would be the same with any player in the league. It would be "that guy is a competitor loves basketball, wants to play and has an aggressive personality." It would not be that guys is a spoiled brat.

COME ON!

JJ has not asked to play more. He has asked to be traded. He knows he isnt gonna get a chance here as long as Jameer is the PG.

There is a big difference between asking to play and asking to be traded.

JJ is just trying to be honest with the reporter. You can't fault him for that. He is definitely not the solution to any deficiencies we have at SG. We don't need help with 3's. He just does not fill any of our needs and he is simply a bad fit for this team. Our deficiency is at point guard and to a lesser extent PF. Hopefully we can use him in a trade in the future, or one of the other SG's for that matter

What I don't get is where does JJ think he would fit in immediately? What team would take him in a trade and throw him into the starting position or even back-up to the starter? I like JJ and i'd love to see him stay, but it seems like he doesn't want to be part of Orlando's future.

Of course JJ does not want to stay. He knows that next year will just be a repeat of the past two.

I can't believe that I have had to repeat this yet again. I guess some of you posters don't know how to read English.

quote:
Originally posted by andie:

Of course JJ does not want to stay. He knows that next year will just be a repeat of the past two.

I can't believe that I have had to repeat this yet again. I guess some of you posters don't know how to read English.

I think your right but we don't really know for sure yet. What if another team offers Evans, Dooling, and Arroyo more money then we do and all or 2 of the three split. Then, like Otis said JJ might go from 4th to 1st or 2nd on the depth chart.

I personally don't want to see that happen now, before JJ made his comments today it wouldn't have bothered me, because I think JJ has already made his mind up that's he's leaving getting playing time next season or not I believe he feels jaded by the organization because he wasn't a starter or key player from day one.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

It should be real clear to JJ why he isn't playing. He doesn't provide anything that the 2 guys in front of him can't do. It really is as simple as that. If by some miracle JJ was able to become a good defender then he would have a case but until that day comes he will have to bide his time.

I can't fathom that there is another team in the league that gets this much headlines from its 3rd string shooting guard. The idea that JJ even organized his own interview to voice his displeasure is mind blowing to me. The fact that he has the gall to say that his philosophies differ from SVG is infuriating.

Are you sure JJ set up this interview? Looked like to me he was in the locker room. Would it have been OK with you guys if it were Dwight saying his philosophy doesn't match SVG (if he were in JJ's shoes)? And apparently Dwight wasn't agreeing with SVG a couple of weeks ago. But that's OK because he's the golden boy. Or Rashard? I believe there has been an article or two floating the internet about Rashard wanting a bigger role on this team? Is that any different other than he makes more money than JJ or that he's older and more experienced at getting what he wants. There is truly a double standard here. JJ just wants to earn his paycheck, either here or with another team. Can't fault him for that. If asked a question and he shuns the press, then he's arrogant. If he answers the question, then he's arrogant. It's a no win situation for JJ.

On a sad note, JJ brother is ill. Hopefully he recovers and is back on his feet soon.