Sign in to follow this  
sportsfanatic

"yao is best center in NBA"

Rik Smits. That's a name I haven't heard for a while. Always bitter about him since that series with the Pacers back in the mid 90's. I think the only thing Yao has on Dwight, as far as knowledge, is how to handle double teams better. He seems to work better with his team as well, but, Dwight has far more upside than Yao.

quote:
There should be no doubt if Dwight can hit the jump shot from 15 feet in, he would be a 30 point per game scorer with out a doubt and compete for the MVP, Scoring Title and Rebounding Title every year.

This would be unreal. Work on that jumper Dwight!

Ill give him credit on Yao being the best center in the leage.

but he forgot to add one key phrase to make it true.

Yao is the best Center in the leage of those who are INJURED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!

now that statement is absolutely true.

they big *** freak of nature will never heal properly. I think i saw his ancestors in the ripleys believe it or not museum on I drive!

yao is better player offensively.I agree it is easier to stop dwight.at least if you can't you can faul him.but yao's faul shooting is crazy also he is better passer.on the other hand dwight is better defender.

for this year and maybe for a few more years yao is and will be better. ..but I think best dwight howard will be a lot better than best yao.dwight will be 30-15 guy and will dominate the league when he get 28-29 years old.

If Dwight could hit f/t's I would put him over Yao, but Yao is dominate at the basket on offense, and the man shoots his teams techinal f/t's, I shudder at what Dwight would be if he could hit just 75% of his f/t's.

Hopefully him and that shooting coach work more in the offseason so that Dwight can get more used to the freethrow shooting, because he seems to have forgotten that perfect form he had.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Let's see him actually finish a full NBA year before we can call him the best of anything.

he is playingfor china every summer.with 7-6 player it is really hard to stay healty.he needs some rests in summers.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Dwight is not a great passer and is TO prone. One on One, Dwight will kick Yao's but so bad, it should be on Pay Per View....would make millions of $$...and yen....

While you may technically be correct if this pay-per-view were available in Japan, I feel compelled to point out that the yen is a Japanese currency, and Yao is Chinese. I know I'm nitpicking, but still...

quote:
Originally posted by the_rocket:

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

Let's see him actually finish a full NBA year before we can call him the best of anything.

he is playingfor china every summer.with 7-6 player it is really hard to stay healty.he needs some rests in summers.

This is true, Yao plays basically all year long and never ever complains. I dont see him pulling drama nor fuss, he just goes out to play as best he cans every day. The dude loves to play too.

He is a seven footer who can hit a consistent jumper and free throws. That aint too common.

Dwight is right there at the top but Yao aint bad company.

I saw that this morning also, and it didn't bother me really. I think Yao got the edge in the head to head meetings this year when we played, but he has been playing longer, so it isn't the end of the world if they want to say that. If i was picking a starting a team, i would pick Dwight as my center though.

Yao is better than Dwight.

Yao can score just as good if not better than Dwight, He is not as good defensively but makes up for it with less TO and shooting 85% from the free throw line compared to Dwight Howard shooting 59% from the free throw line.

Late in the game who do you want on your team? YAO all day. Howard gets fouled? We have no idea if he can even make one of the foul shots, Yao you can at least be confident.

i don`t understand how u can compare dwight with yao.. maybe yao is better passer, better ft shooter,etc. i agree..

but to say yao is just better than dwight, i disagree...

in yao's play, i dont see the heart and soul that dwight has..

i can only say yao is bigger than dwight.. that's all..