Sign in to follow this  
lavell12

Should Otis lose his job?

Obviously right now you don't fire him but at the end of the season, unless the magic have a miracle in the playoffs he should be gone before free agency starts.

Obviously right now you don't fire him but at the end of the season, unless the magic have a miracle in the playoffs he should be gone before free agency starts.

I would normally say give elt the season play out, the guy might know what he is doing, its too early to tell.

However, after finding out that Battie wont be back in time for the playoffs is the last straw. I really dont know what he is doing and wonder if he knows too. It might be time for Otis to go.

Battie won't be back? That's it man what the he ll was Otis thinking, I thought maybe part of the reason they did not do a trade was because battie was gonna be back, now this is bull snit.

Otis just has a tendency to undo his good moves - in one way or another. And he seems to really have trouble turning assets into something that will help the team move forward. Consecutive deadlines where we were in a pretty good position to make a move, and he sits on his hands.

Its one thing to be dormant when you have a team looking to build. Its another when you're a piece or two away from really being a threat in the league and every other GM fears your moves because they know you have the best young big man in basketball.

If you look at his body of work I can't not see a reason to keep him. Look for SVG to start calling Otis out. Otis says he has a longterm plan but so far I think he is just trying to fly under the radar. A least he could explain why he did nothing.

Yes. We needed another PF/ to go with Howard, rather it had been miller, or wilcox. then we wouldn'y have to start a should be backup at sg also. as for Battie, Otis should have done a trade regardless, Battie sucks.

You guys are crazy. We are in first place in our division. Otis is doing his job. He has made some mistakes along the way, but he has done some great moves as well. I dont hear much about us not paying Darko 10 million anymore. Im glad he is gone. Rashard was overpaid, but look what it as done for Turk. I think we should have waited for Jameer to become a RFA, but he is still a very good player. If he doesnt work out here, someone will want him. I would have liked us to grab a PF before the deadline to, but trading just for the sake of trading is not a good idea.