Sign in to follow this  
Erik

Will JJ get some PT?

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

Theres a good chance now the deadline is passed JJ will get more minutes. Even though Otis was taking a nap nearing the deadline before that he was shopping Bogans and Mo. He was putting them out there as many minutes as he could so everyone could get a good look at them and hope there value would increase. Now it would make sense to send Mo to the bench to reduce his value since we need to re sign him. With that said i would predict now that the deadline is gone Mo plays less to allow JJ to move in. Bogans is a gone after this year anyways so we will use him as we need him.

Exactly! We should definitely bench our rather surprisingly productive shooting guard so that JJ can play!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by magicdepth:

Theres a good chance now the deadline is passed JJ will get more minutes. Even though Otis was taking a nap nearing the deadline before that he was shopping Bogans and Mo. He was putting them out there as many minutes as he could so everyone could get a good look at them and hope there value would increase. Now it would make sense to send Mo to the bench to reduce his value since we need to re sign him. With that said i would predict now that the deadline is gone Mo plays less to allow JJ to move in. Bogans is a gone after this year anyways so we will use him as we need him.

Exactly! We should definitely bench our rather surprisingly productive shooting guard so that JJ can play!

Sit Dwight and Shard too... lets go something like

Nelson/Dooling

Evans(limited)/JJ(Bench but bulk of the minutes)

Hedo/Bogans

Cook/Auggie

Gortat/Foyle

Really see what we have...

Should bench jareth for being such a dumb idiot. You must have something against white Dukie players. Productive shooting guard? Even van gundys brother said they were just role players. jareth quit trying so hard to hate and figure out what is best for the magic you ******

quote:
Originally posted by magicbeliever:

Should bench jareth for being such a dumb idiot. You must have something against white Dukie players. Productive shooting guard? Even van gundys brother said they were just role players. jareth quit trying so hard to hate and figure out what is best for the magic you ******

To actually reply to your post with intelligence, I will bet you 20 bucks that there is no way JJ could match the production Evans is giving us. 16 points? Sure, he might even get more. 5-6 rebounds on a good night? Doubt it. Defensive intensity? Not likely.

I'll trade the 6-7 more points he might average for what Evans brings to the table as this time.

And since when am I a JJ hater? I even said I'd like to see what the kid could do with some playing time. And why would I hate White Duke players? Please, let's be reasonable here.

Jareth im not saying Mo isnt a surprise or isnt still going to get a bulk of the minutes but i see JJ moving in over Bogans. Mo getting like 25 minutes and JJ seeing 10 and Bogans 5

I believe it wasn't Evans minute's being discussed, it was ;as you put it "surprisingly productive SG" Bogans. I bet you JJ could match Bogans production.

Bogans rankings:

41st among SG's in FG%

27th among SG's in 3ptFG%

38th among SG's in scoring per 48 min.

as for his defense 30th among SG's in steals.

Not to good for a guy getting over 28 minutes a game.

quote:
Originally posted by Mikesj:

I believe it wasn't Evans minute's being discussed, it was ;as you put it "surprisingly productive SG" Bogans. I bet you JJ could match Bogans production.

Bogans rankings:

41st among SG's in FG%

27th among SG's in 3ptFG%

38th among SG's in scoring per 48 min.

as for his defense 30th among SG's in steals.

Not to good for a guy getting over 28 minutes a game.

Well, if anybody took the time to read things around here, they would realize that MagicDepth stated that MAURICE EVANS would go to the bench. Thus, I replied with sending our "surprisingly productive shooting guard to the bench". Soooooooo, what does Bogans have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing!

Evans isn't exactly blowing up the stats either, JJ almosts scores as much as him in the five minutes a game that he gets. What does productive mean to you? Maybe you meant successful, what is the Magics record when Evans starts?

quote:
Originally posted by magicbeliever:

"a dumb idiot" lol. Wow, Jareth, you got owned, player.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Yes

what makes you think that dubs? do u secretly plan on taking a base ball bat and breaking both of bogans and mo evan legs?

Yes

Well said, O-dub, very elegant posts. That is why I think you are so awesome.

Really? (Sarcasm)

quote:
Originally posted by Mikesj:

Evans isn't exactly blowing up the stats either, JJ almosts scores as much as him in the five minutes a game that he gets. What does productive mean to you? Maybe you meant successful, what is the Magics record when Evans starts?

He almost scores as much as him? Are you kidding me?

12 and 8 with Evans as the starter. Whats your point? Whats the Bobcats record with Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace, and Emeka Okafor starting? Whats the Nets record with Jason Kidd (when he was on the team), Vince Carter, and Richard Jefferson starting?

Evans is a solid role player who is contributing in more ways then just "stats". He hustles and plays to win the game night in and night out.

Yeah JJ doesn't hustle or try to win night in night out. The difference btw 8pts per game and 3.5pts per game is 4.5 , I consider that close. My point is the team is not any better with him in the line-up, I had him at 12-9.