Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

We didn't get Thomas because Otis wouldn't trade Carlos(Sentinel)

I'm telling u guys once we get in the playoffs all the focus willl be on Dwight, there gonna completly shut hiom down,and were gonna realy on our shooters to win us a championship. Oh and Foyle, i'm sorry he's the best backup money can by. Anybody else think foyle is not even NBA worthy?

quote:
Originally posted by lavell12:

ya why not sign him so jj could become the fifth string SG.

give up man...jj wont be anything on the magic...he is gonna get traded eventually

Why such anger at not sending Arroyo away???

You are forgetting that the benching of Arroyo is a decision of only a few games ago -NOT because of poor play- and therefore yet unproven as the definite decision. We have seen JN get into unproductive streaks (added to when he is injured) a little too often...

If the current rotation had been established for a month or two, then it would be a different case. It must not be forgotten that the team usually won with CA as the starting PG.

In the famous word's of a wise man, '" why trade him to another team so he could be a 3rd string point guard, when he could be a third string point guard here", Otis Smith.

quote:
Are you effing stupid?

The article mentions that a combination of expirings is what we offered. It says nothing about Dooling. Something like Arroyo & Garrity adds up to 8 million in expirings, but apparently our 3rd string PG is too valueable to bring in some help for Dwight.

I can assure you Dooling is going nowhere. And if I were Dwight I would have marched right into Otis' office and thanked him for all the extra bruises he will undoubtedly be inflicted with from being our only true PF/C.

No need for name-calling Smack, just because you're not making any sense.

Read my post again, trading Arroyo would put us in a dangerous position with just 2 PG's on the roster. If Jameer or Dooling we're to go down (and they do get banged up frequently) we'd be forced to bring a random washed up FA or a D-league PG of the bench in the playoffs.

To big of a risk just to get Thomas.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

It's interesting that other than Adam none of the Otis bashers have had any legitimate points other than random trashing and name calling. I think it says a lot.

How about the fact that we're dealing with a hypothetical situation where a player could possibly get injured as a reason for not adding a starting PF to our extremely weak frontcourt?

How about the fact that Hedo currently runs the offense better than 50% of the time as is?

How about the fact that we're seriously talking about our 3rd string PG as the reason for not considering a trade?

How about the fact that you misread the article in the first place and assumed we would be without both Dooling & Arroyo?

How about the fact that we have four players (Arroyo, JJ, Augie, Garrity) that have played the fewest amount of minutes on the team (outside of Foyle), that were apparently too valuable to part with?

How about the fact that 16 big men were traded and we didn't get a single one???

Pau Gasol

Kwame Brown

Marc Gasol

Stromile Swift

Jason Collins

Shawn Marion

Shelden Williams

Antoine Wright

Desagana Diop

Malik Allen

Kurt Thomas

Drew Gooden

Primo Brezec

Ben Wallace

Joe Smith

Ira Newble

If we would have included Redick, i'm sure Seattle would have given us West. But, you know you could never have to many shooters sitting on the bench, waiting for 3 players to get hurt, so he could play.

quote:
How about the fact that we're dealing with a hypothetical situation where a player could possibly get injured as a reason for not adding a starting PF to our extremely weak frontcourt?

How about the fact that Hedo currently runs the offense better than 50% of the time as is?

How about the fact that we're seriously talking about our 3rd string PG as the reason for not considering a trade?

How about the fact that you misread the article in the first place and assumed we would be without both Dooling & Arroyo?

How about the fact that we have four players (Arroyo, JJ, Augie, Garrity) that have played the fewest amount of minutes on the team (outside of Foyle), that were apparently too valuable to part with?

How about the fact that 13 big men were traded and we didn't get a single one???

Pau Gasol

Kwame Brown

Marc Gasol

Stromile Swift

Jason Collins

Shawn Marion

Shelden Williams

Antoine Wright

Desagana Diop

Malik Allen

Kurt Thomas

Gerald Green

Primo Brezec

For starters, no I didn't misread the article. You took my post the wrong way (or somebodys post).

And you're acting like Jameer or Dooling getting hurt is a far out chance. Dooling misses games all the time and Jameer was limping around just last nite. Making a "3rd string PG" (who started more than a few games this year), much more valuable than you're giving him credit for.

And do you honestly think that any of those listed players could have been brought in for a mix of Garrity/JJ/Augie? I sure don't. I'm pretty sure that if Otis could have traded Augie and JJ for Pau Gasol he would have done it. Gotta give him that much credit.

The fact is, you can sit on the couch all day and make up these hypothetical trades. But actually getting them done is another story. Clearly, we we're never in a position to make a move.

I just thought of something otis didn't wanna get rid of Carlos, because if Jameer got hurt? who the he ll would take D12 place if he got hurt? Foyle? Mr. 1pt,2 reb per., getting dunked on by spuggy spouges. That's a load of crap.

poop.jpg

And in yet another twist and turn of events in the soap titled "Trades of Our Lives", tomorrow, Mr. SVG surprisingly starts these players against the Sixers:

PG-Los

SG-JJ

SF-Patty

PF-Augie

C-Aluminum Foil

Those unconceivable starters get over 40 PT minutes and destroy the Sixers 129-69. In the locker room, Otis personally welcomes those staters, and with tears in his eyes, promises all of them 5 year contract extensions in the summer; then, in an unexcpected announcement, he invites them to his wedding ceremony with Stan, who has just put on his white wedding dress....

The Los, J.J., Patty, and Otis saga continues!

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

In the famous word's of a wise man, '" why trade him to another team so he could be a 3rd string point guard, when he could be a third string point guard here", Otis Smith.

LOL!!! Erik, for the win!