Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Disappointment Thread

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

This years if the Heat does not switch with us.

Deal.

Of course, now your team is in the luxury tax next year with just 11 people on roster, and still over the CAP the following year with just 5 people under contract, so you're going to be hard pressed to add quality, outside the draft.

Oh well, have fun with Wilcox! We'll have fun signing Elton Brand!

If you're disappointed, you haven't been paying attention. This was too predictable to be disappointing.

To answer a question in this thread, it would've been nice to see the Magic land a PF who can play D, rebound, and hit a jump shot, but teams don't typically give those players away.

There was an opportunity to improve this team and Otis let it pass, period. Would Mike Miller or Mike Bibby make us a better defensive team? No. But, they would be upgrades, and would make us a better team!

Bibby, another shoot first PG? Kinda, but please don't compare him to Jameer. He's a better shooter, excels in the pick and roll game, and is a proven and experienced big game player going back to college & even HS. Oh, and we wouldn't be stuck with him for the next 6 years.

All those posters who dismissed the impact of overpaying Shard and Jameer, don't whine.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Deal.

Of course, now your team is in the luxury tax next year with just 11 people on roster, and still over the CAP the following year with just 5 people under contract, so you're going to be hard pressed to add quality, outside the draft.

I dont understand your logic here,how in the world would we be able to sign a player like Brand and not go over the luxury tax, what difference would have made trading for wilcox now and getting Brand over the summer. you are going to lose players anyways, I mean isnt that what Boston did they got their core players and then added fillers.

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

quote:

quote:

Deal.

I dont understand your logic here,how in the world would we be able to sign a player like Brand and not go over the luxury tax, what difference would have made trading for wilcox now and getting Brand over the summer. you are going to lose players anyways, I mean isnt that what Boston did they got their core players and then added fillers.

I was pretending to be Seattle. That trade, along with the Wally trade, would put Seattle $Texas under the Cap, along with a bunch of draft picks. So, if Seattle had made that trade, they'd then be able to make several first round picks, and sign Elton Brand or a like talented FA.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rico:

quote:

quote:

Deal.

I was pretending to be Seattle. That trade, along with the Wally trade, would put Seattle $Texas under the Cap, along with a bunch of draft picks. So, if Seattle had made that trade, they'd then be able to make several first round picks, and sign Elton Brand or a like talented FA.

well thats the whole deal for seattle expirings to sign a big free agent in the summer,but we would be a lot better with wilcox on our roster,Ill bet you that a team of Howard,Wilcox,Shard,Hedo,Nelson would be a hell of a lot better than a team with Brand {bad knees} Durant,and a bunch of rookies. remember we are young to, who is going to have more fun your team or mine.