Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Artest Next ...

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/717681.html

With Bibby being traded, Artest is next. I truly believe we could get Artest for two of our expirings and a first. No joke. We have the pieces and the Kings have little leverage b/c Artest has said he is going to opt out this summer. I have ni inside knowledge here, just common NBA wisdom.

Plus, that would still possibly leave us with enough to get Haslem ... expirings and JJ. I will be very disappointed if Otis does not pounce on some deal this week with our expirings. Go Magic!

With Bibby being traded, Artest is next. I truly believe we could get Artest for two of our expirings and a first. No joke. We have the pieces and the Kings have little leverage b/c Artest has said he is going to opt out this summer. I have ni inside knowledge here, just common NBA wisdom.

Plus, that would still possibly leave us with enough to get Haslem ... expirings and JJ. I will be very disappointed if Otis does not pounce on some deal this week with our expirings. Go Magic!

If all it takes are two expirings and first, I'm all for it. Go get it done Otis!

I'd also be very disappointed if Otis will not do any deal before the deadline. Go get something done about our expirings Otis!

If we have Rashard....and Hedo..as our small forwards...what do we need Artest for? Is Artest even in the league? He is highly invisible and so far I haven't seen him in a highlight or even in a game...probably because Sacramento games aren't national I guess. Even so, I haven't seen him on ESPN much either.

If he was truly the we wanted, Artest would have at least been invited to one all-star contest.

If we were to trade for Artest and Haslem, Hedo would be involved and there would be no way around it.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

well I am with ya here Soul Bro, but I think we may want to think twice here, unless Ron Ron would agree to extend! It has been well published that he wants to be in New York, Isiah Thomas or not.....he wants to go home. For all that it is worth, I think that deal has already been cut, and for this reason alone nobody touches the guy!

I don't remember why we needed Artest....what does he bring to the table:

Defensive (Toughness, Stopper, Not a softy...fear into the eyes of the opposition)

Offensive (Three point shooting) ?Can he slash to the basket, create his own shot, dunk,

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I fell the same way..but I dont think otis will do anything.

GO MAGIC!!!

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Defensive (Toughness, Stopper, Not a softy...fear into the eyes of the opposition)

Offensive (Three point shooting) ?Can he slash to the basket, create his own shot, dunk,

I am sorry Dub....did you just answer your own question here man?? For the record, I do like that Defensive nut job..err Stopper and the guy that brings fear to opposition, I wish he could bottle some of those traits!!!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

I am sorry Dub....did you just answer your own question here man?? For the record, I do like that Defensive nut job..err Stopper and the guy that brings fear to opposition, I wish he could bottle some of those traits!!!

Hey, just wanted to not start an argument and looked at the pros and cons. I wouldn't mind a player that likes to hit once in a while. Pat Garrity vs. Ron Artest? Anyone?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

quote:

Hey, just wanted to not start an argument and looked at the pros and cons. I wouldn't mind a player that likes to hit once in a while. Pat Garrity vs. Ron Artest? Anyone?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......(taking breath)...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! LOL. Good one dub!!

This is the kings current roster

Abdur-Rahim, Shareef

93 Artest, Ron

10 Bibby, Mike

8 Douby, Quincy

32 Garcia, Francisco

31 Hawes, Spencer

7 Jones, Dahntay

23 Martin, Kevin

52 Miller, Brad

33 Moore, Mikki

15 Salmons, John

9 Thomas, Kenny

19 Udrih, Beno

30 Williams, Justin

Player Coming in:

Sheldon Williams

Tyronne Lou

Anthony Johnson

Lorenzen Wright

Players Leaving:

Mike Bibby

Now, the Kings are going to have to waive at least 2 players to reach the roster limit of 15

I dont think they are going to waive

Ron Artest, Quincy Douby, Fransisco Garcia, Spencer Hawes, Kevin Martin, Mikki Moore, John Salmons, Beno Udrih, or sheldon williams

Who are they gonna waive?