Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Will Arroyo, Redick still be here after the deadline?(Sentinel)

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

You guys wanna read some interesting stuff? Israel Guttierrez is the beat writer for the Heat in the Miami Herald. He posted a blog giving Heat fans the real scoop on what their team can do in the future. Here it is:

quote:

For those who keep putting together rosters that include Shawn Marion and another big-time free agent this offseason, it's not possible.

If Shawn Marion doesn't opt out, the Heat has no salary cap space to sign a big name. If he does opt out of his deal, the Heat cannot re-sign him AND still have salary cap space simply because they hold his Bird Rights. If the Heat plans on taking advantage of the Bird Rights, they would have to have a "cap hold" for the amount of his current salary, which would count against the cap.

If Marion opts out of his deal, they can renounce his rights and then create cap space, but if they want to re-sign him, they have to re-sign him into that salary cap space. And there won't be enough space (unless the Heat trades Haslem and/or Blount for more room) to re-sign Marion and, say, an Elton Brand or Baron Davis.

What was even more interesting was the comments of many fans that posted on it. Check this:

quote:

Comments

Nice post. I would add though that the Heat could potentially trade for one of the upcoming free-agents (ie... Brand or okafor). In which case they would hold the bird rights to both Brand and Marion if they opt out, and could go over the cap to resign them. correct?

A deal that sends Haslem, J-will, and Cook out to LA for Brand could work b/c that allows them to move Sam Cassel and get even more. J-Will is no spring chicken, but he is younger then Sam-I-Am.

Posted by: daleja424 | February 13, 2008 at 03:21 PM

here is the most reasonable and best trade scenario for the heat.

Heat gives up: Haslem, JWill, Davis, Parker.

Memphis gives up: Milicic, Lowry, Miller, Cardinal.

This deals works with the salary cap and it is fair for both teams.

Posted by: alex | February 13, 2008 at 04:11 PM

Mike Miller isnt the answer. What the Heat should do is trade Haslem to the Magic for J.J. Redick and Pat Garity. The Heat receive money (Garity 3.8 mil. expiring contract)and a shooter (Redick mutual grudge between the Magic and J.J.). Magic get a traditional power forward which they lack. Works cap wise and basketball wise.

The above post with Memphis would be retarded. We get big contracts in Milicic and Cardinal. Lowry isn't a good prospect. Miller is owed quite a bit, and is a small foward, not a need. On top of that we would be giving away 14 mil. in expiring contracts. This doesn't make sense.

Posted by: Andre 3001 | February 13, 2008 at 04:31 PM

I think both of those trades are awful. The Memphis trade for the obvious reason Andre points out. The Magic trade is awful as well. Why on earth would we give away Haslem for JJ Reddick and 1 small expiring contract. That would give us only 3 million in cap space which won't get you very much. What exactly would Reddick do for us? It would be another undersized 2 guard to fight for time with Cook.

On top of that, what has Reddick done to think we would even want him? Why would we give away our best rebounder, interior defender, and hardest worker? I saw this trade on another site and thought they were nuts.

The only trade the Heat should look at is something like Ricky/JWill for Mike Miller, Ron Artest, Mike Bibby, or perhaps a chance at Kirk Hinrich. Both Memphis and Sacramento are looking to start over and dump salaries.

Any trade that would take on significant salary past next year is crazy.

And now the rebuttal:

quote:

Posted by: Mike | February 13, 2008 at 06:57 PM

In response to Adam H:

JJ Redick provides the shooter we desperately need. With the addition of Marion, Haslem has become expendable. Marion is a better rebounder, defender, and overall better player. If you haven't noticed, Haslem is an average player. Marion has shown to be a capable 4 over the last few years. In addition, we will be running a fast break offense, one to which Haslem isn't suited for. Any cap space is a plus.

Michael Beasley as well, plays the 4 and the Heat may get lucky enough to end up with him. Further more, why on earth would we want artest when we have a plethora of small forwards who play defense and shoot well. Redick would solve any shooting problems. Cook hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately.

Elton Brand is not the answer either. Michael Beasley is. Brand is coming off a major injury, and is already 28.

There is much, much more fan response if you want to read what they are saying. Here's the link:

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2008/02/just-to-clarify.html

I'd love to meet the person who thinks that Jason Williams and Ricky Davis could get you Artest or Hinrich.

Mostly, I want to meet them so I can punch them repeatedly in the face until both my hands are broken.

Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

You guys wanna read some interesting stuff? Israel Guttierrez is the beat writer for the Heat in the Miami Herald. He posted a blog giving Heat fans the real scoop on what their team can do in the future. Here it is:

I'd love to meet the person who thinks that Jason Williams and Ricky Davis could get you Artest or Hinrich.

Mostly, I want to meet them so I can punch them repeatedly in the face until both my hands are broken.

Only one question here DOM..... HOW DO YOU REALLY REALLY FEEL??? LOL!!!!

I really hope Arroyo and his fans are gone before the trade deadline. Last month I had my Navigators rims stolen in the Magic's parking lot. Thanks Arroyo you owe me some rims, and I'm not refering to 14's either.

quote:
I really hope Arroyo and his fans are gone before the trade deadline. Last month I had my Navigators Rims stolen in the Magic's Parking Lot. Thanks Arroyo you owe me some Rims, and I'm not refering to 14's either.

Sorry, I had to! I am late on child support payments and on crack supply....

But I guess that in Miami, it will be easy to shop for some car stereos, too.

Zorrry uan moar taim, mi pana!

The ****

quote:
Originally posted by CG:

quote:
I really hope Arroyo and his fans are gone before the trade deadline. Last month I had my Navigators Rims stolen in the Magic's Parking Lot. Thanks Arroyo you owe me some Rims, and I'm not refering to 14's either.

But I guess that in Miami, it will be easy to shop for some car stereos, too.

Zorrry uan moar taim, mi pana!

The ****

LOL. I'm Glad you could sense my Sarcasm, but my Rims really did get Stolen.

quote:
Originally posted by CG:

Although I appricate good sarcasim, I am sorry that we had to read that post...and I am really sorry that anyone felt the need to respond to it! I still feel that we are better than and well above this particular mindset! Go Magic Nation!!!!

quote:

Although I appricate good sarcasim, I am sorry that we had to read that post...and I am really sorry that anyone felt the need to respond to it! I still feel that we are better than and well above this particular mindset! Go Magic Nation!!!!

So as a good-ol'-fashioned Puerto Rican was I supposed to "turn my other cheek" after a "little" racial comment?

I am well above any racial slur, so I take it with "light sarcasm" based on USA native citizens' stereotypes of Puerto Ricans....

Note: Mods do not have to close this topic since I'm not commenting anymore, so the JJ/Arroyo trade discussion continues.

quote:
quote:

So as a good-ol'-fashioned Puerto Rican was I supposed to "turn my other cheek" after a "little" racial comment?

I am well above any racial slur, so I take it with "light sarcasm" based on USA native citizens' stereotypes of Puerto Ricans....

Note: Mods do not have to close this topic since I'm not commenting anymore, so the JJ/Arroyo trade discussion continues.

That was my post # 666.... scary!

Originally posted by CG:
quote:

Well CG, I will not add any more to this, so thanks for seeing what that could become! I look forward to your post...Go Magic Nation!!!!!

John the JERK act of contrition

My friend from Puerto Rico, I'm sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you, St Carlos the redeemer of the Magic, whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more and to love you Carlos with all my heart.

St. Carlos redeemer of the Magic, keep me from becoming talkative and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject, Seal my lips when I am inclined to sins.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

My friend from Puerto Rico, I'm sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you, St Carlos the redeemer of the Magic, whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more and to love you Carlos with all my heart.

St. Carlos redeemer of the Magic, keep me from becoming talkative and possessed with the idea that I must express myself on every subject, Seal my lips when I am inclined to sins.

LMAO. Nice Rodriguez. However, I refuse to Put Carlos above my Lord and Savior or Corn Chips. I Hope you understand.

Your Pal,

The Jerk

quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Rodriguez:

LMAO. Nice Rodriguez. However, I refuse to Put Carlos above my Lord and Savior or Corn Chips. I Hope you understand.

Your Pal,

The Jerk

I guess that if he were Saint "Charles", he would be revered with more devotion, but St. "Carlos"?! No way!

Sorry, mea culpa, mea culpa! No more!!!!!