Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Rashard Lewis #9 - GREAT Small Forward/Bad Power Forward

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Oh and I almost forgot, BOOYAAKASHAA. That is all.

I have no idea what you're saying...and yet I feel that I have been insulted somehow.

As for Lewis, dude played awesome last night...I loved his 3rd quarter.

He needs to be at the 3 spot!

And hey, Turk for PG!!!

I agree with you Live or Die. Rashard played yesterday at the 3 cause of the foul problems for TUrk and he really showed what he could do and it was great. We should start Brian Cook at the 4 which also had a great night and then move Rashard to the 3 and TUrk to the 2. We would have a great lineup which would create nightmares on the 2 and 3 position and we would have a great advantage. Hope our great coach can see this!!

HUGE difference between Hedo and Rashard is that Rashard needs specific plays called for him whereas Hedo is very effective playing "within the offense" where we just do pick-and-rolls over and over again.

SVG is pretty averse to calling plays for anyone besides Dwight... even then... he usually wants Dwight to either get the ball off a pick-and-roll or by flashing in the paint rather than off a set post-up play.

If Rashard played at the 3, SVG would have to mix up his strategy to enforce involvement of Rashard through set plays.

I honestly don't know why SVG is so averse to calling set plays, maybe it's a pride thing with his offensive set and that he wants everyone to respect the set before the play, maybe he's convinced that our team will always be most effective running the same offensive set over and over again... but seriously, if this team is ever going to belong to Dwight and Rashard, SVG will have to bite the bullet and consistently CALL plays for those two guys.

After all, we all saw what Rashard is capable of when he gets his number called for specific plays - he was absolutely fantastic in the 3rd quarter. IMO, that was superior to anything I've seen Hedo do because Rashard didn't turn the ball over once in that stretch. For all the good things Hedo does, he still turns the ball over maybe 1 out of 6 times he uses a possession.

You know, that lineup is worth a shot.

Against large teams, Cook would force his defender away from the paint, easing up on Dwight.

Mo could defend the point on D, making this easier on Turk.

Defensively, we'd be suspect, but no more so than we are already. Turk and Lewis would have to step up their rebounding.

Yup - he's not a bruiser. Then again, he's playing WAY out of position - he's a slasher and a shooting threat: textbook SF in a 6'10 body (PF size).

The hope was that we could play small, run-and-gun ball, but so far that hasn't been the case. For that kind of offense to work, you really have to have a top-notch PG like Nash or Kidd.

Even then, those teams get creamed in the playoffs when everything slows down.

I'm pretty sure no one would disagree with your point, but SVG has little choice: he's trying to put our best players out there to give us the best shot at winning. So far, 61% of the time, he's been right.

But yeah: we need PF help so that 'Shard can move to his more natural position.

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but huge props to 'Shard for coming into a new system with a new coach, playing out of position, taking a hit on his stats, banging with bruisers night in and night out, all for the good of the team.

Still - yes: need PF, plskthx.

I think we should bring Turk off the bench. Don't get to upset he will still play serious minutes and undoubtedly be in at crunch time but I think this dynamic off the bench would give us an edge. Mo's D is refreshing and mix that up with Hedo's sick offense.

Howard

Cook

Lewis

Evans

Nelson

With Hedo and Dooling off the bench thats a good mix of Offense and Defense. If Cook would keep up this great play we would have a lot of depth and a nice balance on the floor..... Do work Stan....BOOOOOOOOYA

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Did everyone notice the effort that Rashard was putting in on D last night while trying to guard Carmelo? You can tell he wants to be back at the 3 badly. We need to figure out a way to get this fixed up and soon.

Oh and I almost forgot, BOOYAAKASHAA. That is all.

Shards defense is alot better when he's scoring or atleast touching the ball. Honestly if he had power forwards chasing him all over the floor because he was getting the ball alot...they would be worn out and less likely to rebound and score as well. Bigs aren't used to coming out to the 3 point line, Shard can take it to the basket all night if they try and get up on him...and if they back off he essentially has a wide open 3.