Sign in to follow this  
mongoose

The only problem with this team is Dwight Howard

And he had a bad night last night. That's why we lost. It's almost like every other loss. It all comes to down to Dwight Howard. If this team is kicking ***, it's because of Dwight, yet if we suck....

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE COACH, ROLE PLAYER, REDICK, TRADES, BLA BLA BLAH.

For you people to praise Dwight like he's the second coming of Shaq and then not point the finger at him when he's playing terrible is just hypocritical. What Stan did was absolutely acceptable. If Dwight wants to cry about it then I don't care. He should be grabbing every board, blocking every shot, and scoring every time down court as far as I'm concerned.

He's our superstar starting all-star center. I think SVG knows when he's playing like one and when he's not. Dwight's the leader. He should act like one.

Now quit it with the "we need Haslem" bull****. Did Shaq "need" anybody? No, he went down the court, caught the **** ball, and ripped the rim down.

And he had a bad night last night. That's why we lost. It's almost like every other loss. It all comes to down to Dwight Howard. If this team is kicking ***, it's because of Dwight, yet if we suck....

For you people to praise Dwight like he's the second coming of Shaq and then not point the finger at him when he's playing terrible is just hypocritical. What Stan did was absolutely acceptable. If Dwight wants to cry about it then I don't care. He should be grabbing every board, blocking every shot, and scoring every time down court as far as I'm concerned.

He's our superstar starting all-star center. I think SVG knows when he's playing like one and when he's not. Dwight's the leader. He should act like one.

Now quit it with the "we need Haslem" bull****. Did Shaq "need" anybody? No, he went down the court, caught the **** ball, and ripped the rim down.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

I agree like 75% with you. Role players do count, and we need someone like Haslem. That is unless you're just talking about winning games, I'm talking about winning championships.

We need Haslem to help Dwight out

edit: oh and another thing real quick! You mentioned Shaq, yes? If I'm not mistaken, didn't Haslem start on that Miami championship team a couple years back? hmmm...something to think about!

That has to be one of the most moronic statements I've ever read. So every loss is Dwight's fault? How about his 33 pt, 18 reb, 3 asts, and 1 block performance against Pheonix earlier in the year? 10 point loss. I guess he needed to block 5 more shots and we would've had a chance. Get real.

In Orlando, Shaq had Horace. In Miami, Shaq had Udonis. In L.A., I admit I can't remember a player who played PF prominently (aside from Malone in his last ditch effort for a ring) but Shaq did have Kobe.

Shaq never "grabbed every board, blocked every hot, and scored every time". He had help each and every time.

You guys are fools. It's the fact that you call Dwight the next big thing in the NBA, yet whenever we lose it's never his fault. Ever.

He's our star. When the Lakers lose, I blame Kobe. When the Mavs lost, it was all on Dirk. I personally think Dwight's the most physically gifted athlete in the league. So when he goes for 16 pts and 9 boards against the likes of Drew Gooden and Ilgauskas, I'd say yes, Dwight should play a hell of a lot better.

I expect that from him. And so should everyone else. Don't go complaining about Van Gundy. Complain about Dwight for once.

How about recogonizing the fact that Dwight had 10 points in the first quarter before the Cavs realized that Bogans and Evans were going to miss virtually every shot they took and they started double and triple teaming him on the pass to the post. It's a lot easier to double and triple team a big man than a shooter that has the entire half-court to use. Dwight could've played a better game, yes, but you can't say the game was lost BECAUSE of Dwight. It was a team loss because no one played great.