The Official "Fire Stan Van Gundy" Thread

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Stan Van Gundy is the man!

Jameer Nelson is the Franchise!

Echoo!! Pssssst Echoo!!

Take notes, take notes, I already did jejeje

I mean hehehe.

While I would question the need of calling out Dwight publicly (if he has the character we all think he has, a private conversation should be enough), I think firing him would be too much. Patience is necessary. I don't think there is a better coach out there we need to rush getting.

I would question his rotations too, since sometimes he seems to get his mind fixed and not try some things that have worked. But again, firing him is too much.

The team needs to improve but I don't think firing Stan is the solution. I think is better and more efficient for the coach to make adjustments right now than for the team to go out looking for a coach again at this point.

Can we have an "Official 'Shut the Eff Up' Thread"?

Seriously, I think we need one. If I see one more post about firing SVG, trading JJ, playing JJ, firing Otis, how great Carlos is, how much Carlos sucks, how great Jameer is, or how much Jameer sucks, I'm going to gouge out my eyes and live in a cave...

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Can we have an "Official 'Shut the Eff Up' Thread"?

Seriously, I think we need one. If I see one more post about firing SVG, trading JJ, playing JJ, firing Otis, how great Carlos is, how much Carlos sucks, how great Jameer is, or how much Jameer sucks, I'm going to gouge out my eyes and live in a cave...

You might have to change your first name to Fred and surname to Flintstone right now.

quote:
Posted February 13, 2008 07:53 AM Hide Post

I was at the game vs cleveland the other night with a buddy of mine who's more of heat fan. Anyway, what I found interesting was that when SVG got a technical, there was a lot of cheering heard. My friend was like do the people in Orlando not like SVG much? I was confused by it also...either there were A LOT of cleveland fans there that night, or maybe a lot of the fans aren't exactly thrilled with Stan. Did anyone else who was at the game notice

We were cheering because Stan had the guts to pay a fine and stick up for his team when the refs were making bad calls.

Usually after a "T" is called the team gets fired up and plays harder.

quote:
Posted February 13, 2008 06:59 AM Hide Post

quote:

Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:

Posted February 13, 2008 05:18 AM Hide Post

quote:

!!!DESTROY...DESTROY...DESTROY !!! This Thread.

Just post a blog like you always do right after a post you don't like

Sounds like a good idea...

And if you don't like my posts...

Like you said ...

Don't read them.

You're right, I don't

Trying to forget about Vander Weide's, Otis, and Stan's ineptitude, always trying to stay joyfully positive

The only ineptitude is Yours" Our team is not perfect. We can all agree with that. We have had many bad breaks (GH) which paralyzed this organization for 7 years. This is the start of a new beginning. Give it time. If next year we have not filled our holes then I might agree with some of the garbage you are spewing. But your criticism is unfair in year 1.

Realistic is another word I see you use.Let's examine what has happened this year.

1.. We signed Rashard who most experts agreed was the best FA on the market. He hasn't lit up the board as we all expected but we are better because of him.

2.. We signed a coach who was ready to sign with another team right out from their doorstep.He has done a great job.

3.. We traded a fan favorite (mine also) for 2 players who have contributed to our team. We need role players as well as stars. By the way Trevor is hurt, an injury we were aware he might be plagued with in his career.

4.. We did not resign Darko. None of us know what his agent demanded from us. If he wanted 10 million to start as speculation was centered on, we did the right thing. He is a big TEASE.

5.. We didn't trade for Pau. It now looks like it was an insider deal because of Jerry West and his ties to both the Lakers and Grizzlies.

6..We need to trade our Expirings since after all we got nothing for them last year. Wrong we got Rashard with the money from our expirings left on the table.

7.. Stans rotations stink. I like everyone want to question or insist that this player or that player should get more time. that's our right as a fan.But we are in first place in our division and 3rd in the East. Sure the East isn't the greatest. But it's were we are. We do have a winning record against the west.

8..You hate Otis. You don't like the way he talks.. I have been a STH since 1986 and have seen almost all the games. In our first year 1989 a group of fans in section 211 gave Otis the battle cry "OTIS THE MAN" after he hit the winning shot against the Bulls. I am willing to give him time. Call me a homer if you want. But I consider this his first year with his imprint on this team. Prior to this year he shared duties with others.As far as his talk,he is a thoughtful man who measures how he answers. Not everyone is a poliician or a bull thrower with the words flowing out of their mouth.

Finally Stuff you are the HATEFUL DRAGON.I hope you have a GREAT DAY

I disagree with SVG's roation and his offensive strategy, but to want the guy fired half way through the season is just ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by magicmikej:

quote:
Posted February 13, 2008 07:53 AM Hide Post

I was at the game vs cleveland the other night with a buddy of mine who's more of heat fan. Anyway, what I found interesting was that when SVG got a technical, there was a lot of cheering heard. My friend was like do the people in Orlando not like SVG much? I was confused by it also...either there were A LOT of cleveland fans there that night, or maybe a lot of the fans aren't exactly thrilled with Stan. Did anyone else who was at the game notice

We were cheering because Stan had the guts to pay a fine and stick up for his team when the refs were making bad calls.

Usually after a "T" is called the team gets fired up and plays harder.

quote:
Posted February 13, 2008 06:59 AM Hide Post

quote:

quote:

Posted February 13, 2008 05:18 AM Hide Post

quote:

!!!DESTROY...DESTROY...DESTROY !!! This Thread.

Just post a blog like you always do right after a post you don't like

Sounds like a good idea...

And if you don't like my posts...

Like you said ...

Don't read them.

You're right, I don't

Trying to forget about Vander Weide's, Otis, and Stan's ineptitude, always trying to stay joyfully positive

The only ineptitude is Yours" Our team is not perfect. We can all agree with that. We have had many bad breaks (GH) which paralyzed this organization for 7 years. This is the start of a new beginning. Give it time. If next year we have not filled our holes then I might agree with some of the garbage you are spewing. But your criticism is unfair in year 1.

Realistic is another word I see you use.Let's examine what has happened this year.

1.. We signed Rashard who most experts agreed was the best FA on the market. He hasn't lit up the board as we all expected but we are better because of him.

2.. We signed a coach who was ready to sign with another team right out from their doorstep.He has done a great job.

3.. We traded a fan favorite (mine also) for 2 players who have contributed to our team. We need role players as well as stars. By the way Trevor is hurt, an injury we were aware he might be plagued with in his career.

4.. We did not resign Darko. None of us know what his agent demanded from us. If he wanted 10 million to start as speculation was centered on, we did the right thing. He is a big TEASE.

5.. We didn't trade for Pau. It now looks like it was an insider deal because of Jerry West and his ties to both the Lakers and Grizzlies.

6..We need to trade our Expirings since after all we got nothing for them last year. Wrong we got Rashard with the money from our expirings left on the table.

7.. Stans rotations stink. I like everyone want to question or insist that this player or that player should get more time. that's our right as a fan.But we are in first place in our division and 3rd in the East. Sure the East isn't the greatest. But it's were we are. We do have a winning record against the west.

8..You hate Otis. You don't like the way he talks.. I have been a STH since 1986 and have seen almost all the games. In our first year 1989 a group of fans in section 211 gave Otis the battle cry "OTIS THE MAN" after he hit the winning shot against the Bulls. I am willing to give him time. Call me a homer if you want. But I consider this his first year with his imprint on this team. Prior to this year he shared duties with others.As far as his talk,he is a thoughtful man who measures how he answers. Not everyone is a poliician or a bull thrower with the words flowing out of their mouth.

Finally Stuff you are the HATEFUL DRAGON.I hope you have a GREAT DAY

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Thank you magicmikej.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

I was at the game vs cleveland the other night with a buddy of mine who's more of heat fan. Anyway, what I found interesting was that when SVG got a technical, there was a lot of cheering heard. My friend was like do the people in Orlando not like SVG much? I was confused by it also...either there were A LOT of cleveland fans there that night, or maybe a lot of the fans aren't exactly thrilled with Stan. Did anyone else who was at the game notice this as well and can comment on it? Usually you hear boos when your coach gets a tech right?

well, the cinderella fans will try to deny it but under Stan reality is:

1-the team has a mediocre home record for the offensive talent we have. Lost way too many games here, many in a non-thrilling fashion. Consider with weaker squads Magic teams have looked much tougher at home.

The Magic already have several home losing streaks this year. Other than the 04 season where we tanked, that never happens

2-Stan benching JJ probably has something to do with his lack of love. Stan is new here and all but his popularity is way below BHill's right now. YOu stubbornly don't play a popular player and then make excuses for it. You're not gonna be liked.

Always have the same boring lineups of guys like Meer and Lewis out of position IMO that only leaves 3 players to make the game interesting.

3-Stan's soft/small lineups are causing Dwight to get less monster dunks. Face it, Dwight's game without the dunks isn't as exciting to watch.

People are going to the Arena nowadays because it's nice family entertainment. Not because they expect to see the Magic beat anyone.

Oh my great aunt fanny or expletives to that effect...

Of course we should get rid of Stan, let's see now, what is our standing? Oh yes THIRD in the East. 7 games ahed of the nearest team in the South East on which we sit top of.

Hmm, the guy brings Turks career year, makes a team player out of Rashard by asking him to play in a different position.

Hmm, the guy has the stones to TELL THE TRUTH about Howard after his game on Monday and yet doesn't tell the press exactly what's going on.

Yeah - let's fire him!!!! Are you kidding?!

I was a doubter early on in the season but only because he looked out of his depth once the other teams knew how we played and it seemed to me at that time that he only had one way to play. But I've seen a change in the guy and this team.

makes a team player out of Rashard by asking him to play in a different position.

pfff.. rofl. Despite that draining his energy making him struggle on both offense and defense right?

magicintheuk, are you that 'mitchelluk' guy in all the sentinel comments? Man both of you guys' common sense is equally awful..

Sorry for pointing that out

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

makes a team player out of Rashard by asking him to play in a different position.

pfff.. rofl

magicintheuk, are you that 'mitchelluk' guy in all the sentinel comments? Man both of you guys' common sense is equally awful..

How are you still here???

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

pfff.. rofl. Despite that draining his energy making him struggle on both offense and defense right?

Congrats LilPenny/Orlando Mellow/Stuff, you have successfully ignored every warning we've sent over 3 different accounts. Since you aren't smart enough to take the hint with the other 2, this one will be gone as well. If you bother to waste your time registering another, that one will be immediately suspended. Your brand of contribution is not welcome here.