Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread * Magic - Lakers * Feb. 8th

I agree. It was a beautiful wide open shot. I am not questioning the decision. Just saying that you win some you lose some. Can't hit that big shot every game.

I think the blame goes to Dwight on this one. He can't be picking up silly fouls like he did tonight. And I HATE losing to the lakers.

We got screwed by the refs plain and simple, but this always happens vs big market teams with players like Kobe this is what pisses me off about the NBA so much, from a game to game basis you never know if there's a level playing field.

How often do we see Dwight get hacked and hit and not get a call? yet a god **** flop(2) and a couple of phantom plays against him were called...all while he's dominating, what a coincidence.

I know we did some bad things but come on, just give us a fair ****ing game, that's all I as a basketball fan ask for but far too often in this sport these types of games happen.

SVG was getting hammered by playing PG roulette in the previous games. I'm no Carlos fan but he's getting the shaft. While the stats may look like Jameer had a good game, the team (without Dwight) was out of sync with Jameer. He has tunnel vision most of the time and only sees the basket, not the open player. I actually thought Dooling should have been brought in much sooner in the 4th. Jameer slows the game down too much and Dooling does bring some intensity. Take a page from the Coach K coaching manual (Duke vs UNC last Wednesday), if you have no inside game with Dwight on the bench, attack them from the perimeter. The Magic forgot the outside shot when Dwight was sitting. When they started missing in the 2nd, that part of the game went away.

Bravlady:

quote:
While the stats may look like Jameer had a good game, the team (without Dwight) was out of sync with Jameer.

You are my new "Idol", you do not get blind by stats, that's great!

My two cents...it all will come down as to which style of play SVG decides is more suited for the Magic to consistently win games. The fast pace game first shoot of Jameer at the PG or the more controlled tempo and chemistry of the game when Carlos is the PG.

The next few games should tell which PG and style of game is more suited for consistent winning. Arroyo will remain in the bench a few more games to see if we can consistently win with Jameer as the PG.

The Magic know they can win without Jameer, now they need to find out if they can win without Carlos. After that, and before the trade deadline, a decision will be made as to whether we trade for a PF and what PG (if any at all) will be traded.

We may not trade at all if Otis and Stan decide that we need both PGs, because of the versatility it gives to the team and because we may have Battie back from injury before the regular season is over. In addition, the team has to consider the improved game they are getting from Cookie at the PF position.

My two cents!

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

SVG was getting hammered by playing PG roulette in the previous games. I'm no Carlos fan but he's getting the shaft. While the stats may look like Jameer had a good game, the team (without Dwight) was out of sync with Jameer. He has tunnel vision most of the time and only sees the basket, not the open player. I actually thought Dooling should have been brought in much sooner in the 4th. Jameer slows the game down too much and Dooling does bring some intensity. Take a page from the Coach K coaching manual (Duke vs UNC last Wednesday), if you have no inside game with Dwight on the bench, attack them from the perimeter. The Magic forgot the outside shot when Dwight was sitting. When they started missing in the 2nd, that part of the game went away.

Did any body notice how Howard picked up his game when playing with Jameer yet seems to lag off when Carlos is playing? Check his stats and FG% during the last 6 games. I was noticing that during the last games of Arroyo where his point average was going down, his screens by Howard and Turk were diminishing significantly that hampered not only offensively but also in his passing in assists. Yet in this game Howard was there like mother hen setting up screens in a very effective manner for Jameer.

There is no question in my mind that Howard feels better chemistry with Jameer and therefore consciously or unconsciously plays better with him. On the long run this factor and Stans preference for Dooling will decide which will be the final PG roatation. I predict Carlos will get traded probably to the Cavaliers.

Ibonedteribell:

quote:
Did any body notice how Howard picked up his game when playing with Jameer yet seems to lag off when Carlos is playing? Check his stats and FG% during the last 6 games. I was noticing that during the last games of Arroyo where his point average was going down, his screens by Howard and Turk were diminishing significantly that hampered not only offensively but also in his passing in assists. Yet in this game Howard was there like mother hen setting up screens in a very effective manner for Jameer.

There is no question in my mind that Howard feels better chemistry with Jameer and therefore consciously or unconsciously plays better with him

Yes, I have been noticing the same thing and I was wondering whether Dwight was doing it on purpose to make Arroyo look bad in favor of his best buddy Jammer.

When Arroyo starts Turko gets must of the shoots, when Nelson starts Dwight and Jameer himself take most of the shoots.

Could it be that SVG designs strategies this way or is the preferences of the players?

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

The reason the outside shot was there was because of Dwight. Everything this offense does well can usually be attributed to Dwight. Our offense did look out of sync but not with Jameer, but with our back-ups in. The reason we lost this game is not point-guard play, it is foul trouble and those consectutive fouls in second quarter, were, well not fouls. If those aren't called, Dwight could go into the half with 1 foul then we would probably win the game. But they were and it happens

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Lessons from DoM: If the logic of this board applied in real life:

A man commits a murder while wearing a blue shirt.

Therefore, anyone wearing a blue shirt is a murderer.

This concludes todays lesson.

LOL