Sign in to follow this  
ace20016

Steve Nash: Future Hall of Famer or All-Time Great?

Before his second stint in Phoenix, I thought of Steve Nash as one of those player you remember but now that he has 2 MVPs(or 3 if he win it this season), is he a future hall of famer or all time great?

Before his second stint in Phoenix, I thought of Steve Nash as one of those player you remember but now that he has 2 MVPs(or 3 if he win it this season), is he a future hall of famer or all time great?

How many players are awarded the MVP, let alone twice.

I think a championship will see a hall of fame entry.

If he is going into the Hall of Fame then he is a alltime great. That kind of the point to being inducted into the Hall.

If Nash can keep playing at the level he is today (and barring injury I don't see why he can't) then he is a sure fire hall of famer.

He is one of the best point guard in the league, but to say he is one of the best, I'd like to see him play outside of the Suns system.

Great players make the system not the other way around, Fendi. Do you think Michael Jordan would have been any less great outside of the triangle offense?

The Suns offense is a difficult one to run. Even Barbosa who is a very good player doesn't run it very well.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Great players make the system not the other way around, Fendi. Do you think Michael Jordan would have been any less great outside of the triangle offense?

The Suns offense is a difficult one to run. Even Barbosa who is a very good player doesn't run it very well.

I believe it is designed especially for Steve Nash. Barbosa doesn't have the ability to create for his teammates like Steve Nash. Look at his assists number in Dallas as well as his field goal percentage and 3 point percentage.

Mike D'Antoni once said that with the Phoenix Suns system, each of their starters could average AT LEAST 10 open shots per game. If they convert it all, that's automatic 50 assists for Nash. lol. their system is ridiculous.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

I believe it is designed especially for Steve Nash. Barbosa doesn't have the ability to create for his teammates like Steve Nash. Look at his assists number in Dallas as well as his field goal percentage and 3 point percentage.

Mike D'Antoni once said that with the Phoenix Suns system, each of their starters could average AT LEAST 10 open shots per game. If they convert it all, that's automatic 50 assists for Nash. lol. their system is ridiculous.

no that's "only" 40 assists for Nash ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by pneu:

quote:

quote:

no that's "only" 40 assists for Nash ;-)

please do not correct me in public. doggone.

j/k

quote:

quote:

LOL, you have a good point about the teams stats. They are inflated because of the system that they run. For me, the fact that no other player can really run the Suns system and it seems like the Suns developed the offense for Nash is a reinforcement of his greatness.

I don't know if Nash would be putting up MVP numbers if he was still in Dallas but they would be good enough for him to be in the top 3 point guards in the league. Dallas has similar weapons to the Suns so Nash's assists numbers might even be the same.

quote:

If he is going into the Hall of Fame then he is a alltime great. That kind of the point to being inducted into the Hall.

If Nash can keep playing at the level he is today (and barring injury I don't see why he can't) then he is a sure fire hall of famer.

what i met by future hall of famer is somebody who you know is going into the hall of fame (kobe bryant) and by all time great, somebody who might get into the hall of fame(grant hill).